Sunwayman T40CS Vs Olight M3X & Crelant 7G5

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Just got done taking these beamshots for those that wanted to see how the Sunwayman T40CS compared against some of my best XM-L throwers. Now I am going to go with a manual setting. Let's try this anyway and see how it does. Shutter speed is 2 and focal is 4. These still aren't as bright as they actually are in person. But they should give you an idea of how each does. But these are definately not what I see in person. But it washes out all of the excessive white beam in front of the lens with the nite mode setting.

Sunwayman T40CS 60yds.

DSCF2053Small.jpg

Olight M3X 60yds

DSCF2049Small.jpg

Crelant 7G5 60yds

DSCF2059Small.jpg

I'll let you guys pick which one you think is the winner. I already know which one I'm picking.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sunwayman T40CS Vs Olight M3X Crelant 7G5

Amazing the Crelant looks like the winnner! With the M3X coming in a close second. But in the coolness of appearance (of the flashlight), the T40CS takes the cake.

Very fine collection! I hope to add all those three to my own thrower collection. :)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

The crelant wins easy but i see no difference between the m3x and t40s.:eek: They look identical. Even if there is a difference, its so small that it really dosent matter so i call it a tie. I can finnaly say i made the right choise to get the t40cs because after i got it people said the m3x throws better.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

Alex,

I agree with you mostly on the T40CS and the M3X in these shots here, but I will give a slight advantage to the M3X. It is hard to see a noticeable difference between the two. But the farther distances I think you will see the tighter hotspot on the M3X will start adding a slight throw advantage. The tighter hotspot has to be due to the deeper reflector on the M3X. I think that is why you see the difference here in the advantage with the 7G5. But I can tell you that the T40CS is one heck of a quality light. The finish is second to none. And I love the forward clicky.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened

Great Job Brad another great way for people to spend money...I'm just kidding. Really the beamshots are really good and they are all really close but there always has to be a winner and that goes to the 7G5, but my 7G5 don't show this, I think I need to contact Hank.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

Great Job Brad another great way for people to spend money...I'm just kidding. Really the beamshots are really good and they are all really close but there always has to be a winner and that goes to the 7G5, but my 7G5 don't show this, I think I need to contact Hank.

Hank should take care of you. My first 7G5 was probably about like yours. This one rocks. It's clearly my best XM-L thrower. I must have one now like the ones 2100 and cooperl have.

Last edited:

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened

Good to hear. Ordered one earlier today. Will get a Catapult v3 next month most likely but have to get a TK41 first.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

That makes sence but i would not trade my t40cs for eather of the other two. i was surprised by the weight of it. The finish on mine is not perfect anymore. i was dumb and accidentally threw my jetbeam rrt2 at the t40cs head and put a small nick on it :ohgeez:
Alex,

I agree with you mostly on the T40CS and the M3X in these shots here, but I will give a slight advantage to the M3X. It is hard to see a noticeable difference between the two. But the farther distances I think you will see the tighter hotspot on the M3X will start adding a slight throw advantage. The tighter hotspot has to be due to the deeper reflector on the M3X. I think that is why you see the difference here in the advantage with the 7G5. But I can tell you that the T40CS is one heck of a quality light. The finish is second to none. And I love the forward clicky.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

Good to hear. Ordered one earlier today. Will get a Catapult v3 next month most likely but have to get a TK41 first.

I have a Fenix TK41 coming this Friday. I also have a Sunwayman V60C coming too. I could compare my Catapult V3 here, but I already know the M3X and 7G5 will beat it. I would say the SunwymanT40CS probably will as well.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hank should take care of you. My first 7G5 was probably about like yours. This one rocks. It's clearly my best XM-L thrower. I must have one now like the ones 2100 and cooperl have.

Gee, looks like the Crelant does have quality issues. Might be the deal breaker to some on such a great light.

For those who dont want to take risks, get the Olight M3X and Sunwayman T40CS.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still like the T40CS and will be buying it at a later date.

Selfbuilt and myself also have good 7G5.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened

Wait what I thought the other 2 threw better? And in your other thread you said the 7G5 beat the M3X in throw but in this one you said the M3X does because it has a tighter hotspot?

I have a Fenix TK41 coming this Friday. I also have a Sunwayman V60C coming too. I could compare my Catapult V3 here, but I already know the M3X and 7G5 will beat it. I would say the SunwymanT40CS probably will as well.
I wanna see a M3X, 7G5 and T40CS with the TK41 and the Catapult. I'm really interested because the TK41 is ANSI 55klux and 472m (IIRC) throw, in beam shots it doesn't look possible but I believe ANSI but I have never seen a TK41 compared with these.

Trident1

Newly Enlightened

I've been looking for a 2x18650 thrower for a while and this thread is pretty much the lights I've narrowed down to beside the Catapult V3. It doesn't seem that the visual difference is too great on the beamshots except in some spill - they all throw a long way and do it well. How about build quality of these? Drop one to concrete from shoulder level - which one fares best? Multiple drops? For those of you who own more than one of these - why is one your favorite? I don't like cool white in fog (lots of that where I live) so least 'cool' bin helps - I know that's a gamble. It's not very often I need a light like these, but when I do I want to make sure I made the best choice ( oh, I get the DBS killer throw thing, but I really need some spill too, hence looking at these for my 'thrower'). Thanks for your thoughts.

Elkbow

Newly Enlightened

anyone have the best place/price to get one?

Elkbow

Newly Enlightened
thanks, was reading through one of the threads there, the Olight M3X definitely out performs the Crelant looking at that thread

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Before purchasing ANY light, look at the weight, any light over 300 grams is TOO Much IMHO, the Olight is under that and feels good in your coat pocket (without the Extension) and is perfect in the holster (It Comes with a Holster). Also, look at battery configuration's, being able to run 2 18650 will save you some money in the long run and accessories, some (Olight) have pressure switches, gun mounts, colored filters and other goodies available. Great Beamshots ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS, what kind of batteries were you running in each of these lights?

Elkbow

Newly Enlightened
well, you can only get so much out of a compact light, i was looking for a light with the best throw, I already have several other lights including a Nitecore TM11, so just needed throw...even though these lights are longer...doesn't matter, not going to carry in my pocket

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I only buy 3 types of 18650 batteries.

Xtar 18700 2600mah
Hi-Max 18650 2600mah(made by Samsung)
Trustfire Flames 18650 2400mah

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I have heard both the Crelant and Olight throw farther than each other. Well I have eliminated the Sunwayman because it has no extension, its always long and because of a ringy beam. I really like the interface on the Jetbeam M2S does anyone know how it would compare being an SST50?