Malkoff Little Twisty

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll post a couple of pics later but I just want to say right now the Malkoff's minimalist AA light body is everything that I hoped it would be, and a bit more.

Nice and solid design while weighing very little, the battery tube is strengthened by it's flared out diameter at each end, and the entire host including lens and gaskets weighs in at only 49g, while the M31WL drop in itself weighs 43g.
With 2 AA Eneloops installed the total weight is 142g.

This is what I always wished that a MiniMag could be but never was.

One brightness level is less than optimal, but I see some possible solutions to that and will post it when a decent two brightness solution is worked out.

The light has a very nice momentary function which can be found by turning the light on with one hand, due to uneven pressure from your thumb, when the light first comes on it is actually the tiny amount of play in the threads making one side of the battery tube contact the drop in base, don't tighten it any further and you've got momentary by giving the light a gentle uneven pressure with one hand.

About Malkoff the company... Sure items are often out of stock but they come back into stock quickly as well, and when they email me that something is back in stock -and I order it, they ship it right out and I have it in a couple of days at my door, pretty brilliant service really.

all the parts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spring at neg- end battery tube

comparable in size to minimag, rides great in back pocket

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info! I just received a single 123 Lil Twisty and I love it. For a bomb proof, minimalist (as you say), lightweight, small, useful light, this is a home run. Not much to go wrong, either!

Now I need one like yours......a 2 AA......

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
Would love to see a single AA that can run a 14505 3.0 volt battery.
I do own a Twisty cr123 and the 2AA twisty.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious to see if the tube from a minimag can be cut and threaded to make a single AA battery tube for the VME head.