Why is the ML100 so hard to find?

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
It seems the majority of the mag dealers online don't carry it and the couple that I think carry it unfortunately show an image of the old 3c incan model. I'd like to think that this is just being lazy updating their websites because the prices shown are in line with the ML100 and not the 3c incan, but I'm not interested in placing an order and getting the wrong thing.

Can anyone in the forum recommend a site that is definitely selling the newer ML100 -- especially if you know for sure because you bought one from them?

sniper

Enlightened
It looks like ZBattery has them in stock. You might check them out. 38 3 cell an 26 cell. I'm flipping a coin between the ML100 3 cell, or the Streamlight Twin-Task LED only model.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
My first attempt at a search for one showed results at Amazon for the Maglite ML100 LED 2 C Cell, Black, Blister Pak w/Batteries @ $54.99 & $39.99.

sniper

Enlightened
Is it new? If so then it might take a while to come out. This is the first I am aware of the light.

Maybe:
I just returned to the forum, and found out about the 2 & 3C LED lights. I saw one post that showed a MagLite brochure, with the ML100 in COLORS, not just black! That got me excited! So far, frustration! The expression Hen's Teeth comes to mind.

I want a 3C LED, in color. I may die waiting, tho... Or, I just may get tired of waiting, and buy a standard Mag 3C, and add one of the fire breathing Terralux drop-ins, or add the Diamond 3 Watt I have in my 3D mag...orrrr... mod the damn thing!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about why they're so hard to find, but for the price there sure are better, and available, lights out there.

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about why they're so hard to find, but for the price there sure are better, and available, lights out there.

"better" is a relative word. IMO, I don't think you can find a "better" family-friendly, abuse-proof light than a mag-lite. The 2C ML100 will be a welcome upgrade to the old 3C that's been the main household light for the past 25+ years.

sniper

Enlightened
"better" is a relative word. IMO, I don't think you can find a "better" family-friendly, abuse-proof light than a mag-lite. The 2C ML100 will be a welcome upgrade to the old 3C that's been the main household light for the past 25+ years.

Yeah, what he said! I just get tired of lugging the heavy, but totally reliable and bright 3 D maglight around.. Seems like the best use for it now is chasing the grandkids and pup through the house, yelling "ALIEN LIIIIGHT! They do seem to enjoy it, tho.

Lighter weight, a bit more handy, maybe full and dim settings, (a price that won't cause the wife to say;"You spent WHAT for that flashlight??") good run time, and good reliability...and I think that's what most of us really want from a light. I mean, the multi-modes, Lasers, strobes UV, etc, etc., all have their place, and are marvelous examples of technology, but I am a dinosaur...like with my revolver, I want my flashlight to work the first time, every time; rain, snow, sun, or mud, with no complicated employment or maintenance procedures. But, that's just me.

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're probably not going to see it on many retail shelves because of the price, so your best bet are going to be Amazon, Zbattery, or eBay.

Maybe:
I just returned to the forum, and found out about the 2 & 3C LED lights. I saw one post that showed a MagLite brochure, with the ML100 in COLORS, not just black! That got me excited! So far, frustration! The expression Hen's Teeth comes to mind.

I want a 3C LED, in color. I may die waiting, tho... Or, I just may get tired of waiting, and buy a standard Mag 3C, and add one of the fire breathing Terralux drop-ins, or add the Diamond 3 Watt I have in my 3D mag...orrrr... mod the damn thing!
It's an old flyer or catalog, the ML100 was originally going to be released in colors, but that was changed to black-only.

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
Really? What does a light have to be to fit your "family friendly" criteria?

"Family friendly" means a form factor and interface that they recognize and don't ***** about. My wife or the kids can take from the drawer click the button on the side (where they expect it be) and it turns on. No cycling through different modes or buttons on the tailcap or twisty interfaces. Click on...click off. It also means a light that I'm not going to get paranoid about them misplacing, or the kids dropping or whatever other abuse that kids can dish out. My SF's are off limits to the kids, they use the mag-lite...no discussion about that :)