Need help fast re:handheld & weapon mount

bfm

Newly Enlightened
Need a recomendation for what and where to get for mounting on an M4 w/203 and a hand held w/tailcap on/off switch. Prefer rechagable or standard batteries if possible. Need to have it in hand by Friday.

Thanks.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I know for a fact my Surefire M2 Centurion is 1" in diameter, so I used an old Leupold QR 1" scope ring and the Quick Release base with the lever, mounted the base on my Bushmaster foreend with a little dremel work. You could try this with just a regular base but with the QR setup it removes in an instant. For a sleek but not easily removeable attachment try a Conetrol ring, otherwise most sporting goods or even Walmart has weaver rings and bases.

Size15's

Flashaholic
bfm, Do you want to have a WeaponLight for this?
m4m203-right.gif

Perhaps a SureFire 647 WeaponLight will fit the bill? It mounts on the front sight and is offset to the right of the barrel.
674lrg.jpg

I don't quite understand your post, but if you want the above SureFire with a TailCap pressure switch, my understanding is that the Z41 LockOut TailCap is straight swap for the Tape Pressure Switch it comes with. If you want a "Click" switch, then an SW02 I believe is the option you'd need.

I strongly urge you to call SureFire Customer Service to discuss your specific weapon and your options of WeaponLights because there are many. Toll-free: 800-828-8809

Other Dealers to contact are SableCo.net or MSTN.biz

For WeaponLights, it's best to call because not only can you talk through what you want, you can also find out whether they have what you need in stock, and if not, how long it'll take to get you it.

Due to the M203, you may need a longer cable if that's the option you go for. This is possible as cable length come in inchs with 4", 6", 8" & 10" being quite common I think.

Respectfully,

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I would normally suggest the M500 or M900. The concern I have is that the M500 switching is out of reach due to the M203. I understand that you can have additional optional tape switches as well, and I believe the "upper" is only part you need to make the SureFire work. (in case the lower is specific for the M203)

If you have this type of [Picatinny?] forend;
c_car01.jpg

then I suggest you use a SureFire M97 Millennium Universal WeaponLight such as this one:
m972sulrg.jpg

bfm

Newly Enlightened
Well, no colapsable stock, but yes, that is about it. Trying to help a friend, his MP unit is pulling guard duty right now so he is very busy but is also about to be shipped over seas and needs to fill some holes in his equipment. Told him I would help.