AOL 9.0 Please help!

kodiak

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I downloaded AOL 9.0. I'm not sure if I like it or not. When I go on to a website every word is underlined. I hate it! Is there any way to get rid of the lines? Also when I click on something within a website the hourglass does not come up while it's downloading the next page like it used to. Is there any way to get that back? I have dial-up. Thanks.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to down load 9.0 three times and gave up and called AOL and requested a 9.0 cd. It loaded quick and no installation glitches. Be forewarned it is a memory hog I have 384 meg of ram and I am normally running 60% load. that figures out to 210 megs just for AOL to run

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
kodiak,

This is most likely a setting in Internet Options and not an AOL Issue.

Mike

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using 9.0 but have none of those issues.

There's an option in AOL's Advanced Internet Options to "Underline links" which is set to on by default.

Again, I'm not experiencing that problem but you might want to turn yours off and see what it does.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, do you have another internet browser installed?
If you don't then I think that AOL installs it's own.
Maybe installing a full-fledged browser on its own would fix things.

kodiak

Enlightened
Thank you all for your help! It was most informitive, I have found the problems thanks to you guys.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...last time I went near AOL...it ended up with me reformatting a harddrive and reinstalling Win98SE for the first time...hopefully 9's uninstaller works better than whatever version we had did...

Personally, I'd suggest going and downloading Opera, the newest version's fixed almost all of the compatability issues with some sites now, and it certainly works a LOT faster than IE for me (XPHome, 256Mb RAM, 56K dialup), and if something does crash the browser, it doesn't take down explorer like IE does...and has a built in option to disable popups...and is skinnable...and I like it more.