A few general questions.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have a few SF flashlights and others and had some general questions.
First off, one of my favorites that I do own is the M3 and was wondering does the lanyar ring wear off the HA coating? Also, hom many of you use lanyars with their lights and how do you use them(around your hand. ect).
Second, I keep a PT Surge in my car and after hearing the story about the one the blew up because of the fumes from the batteries I keep the cap off of the light until I need it. But my question is do I need to keeps checking the batteries in this light for leaking? How long will AA batteries last in my car befor I really need to change them.

Thanks for any input.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've not noticed the Lanyard rings wearing the HA although I have never EDC'd a SureFire with a lanyard except the A2/L1 which is different. I'll have a closer look tonight.

I do often slip the lanyard on my wrist (especially the larger ones like the M3T/M4/M6/9AN+KT3) when I'm out walking using them to light my way. In woodland, I have needed both hands for various reasons so I just let go and let it dingle-dangle for a bit. On a side note, the short pocketclip on the L4/A2 etc makes a great headlamp on a baseball cap. The E1e+KL4 is very good for this.

No idea about your Surge though. I use SF123A for primary EDC, and backups, and emergency.

Al

DumboRAT

Enlightened
My standard anodized Z2 is showing no wear on its finish from the lanyard ring after nearly three years of hard use.

The ring itself, though, looks rather worn and in need of a replacement!

Allen
aka DumboRAT