Want a collimator for my 6p gunlight

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have a superfire 6P? LED torch. I have tried an IR drop in module in it for use with a homebrew Watec 902H camera based night vision device. I only use the torch for a few seconds at a time by virtue of a remote pressure switch so I am not very concerned about any heat build up. I spot the quarry with another device.

The IR module has sufficient range for my FAC power air rifle needs but the splash swamps the near ground which ruins the plot really. I'd like to find a collimater, ideally a ready made one, but I am fairly adept at fiddling with small things and would be able to put something together if that's what I have to do.

Whats available please gentlemen - I am in the UK.

I have found this item on the bay: which is Item number: 260968042988 if the link doesn't work. Would it be as simple a trick as to fix the lens to the end a 30mm tube and slide it onto the bezel?

Thanks all, Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have a superfire 6P? LED torch. I have tried an IR drop in module in it for use with a homebrew Watec 902H camera based night vision device. I only use the torch for a few seconds at a time by virtue of a remote pressure switch so I am not very concerned about any heat build up. I spot the quarry with another device.

The IR module has sufficient range for my FAC power air rifle needs but the splash swamps the near ground which ruins the plot really. I'd like to find a collimater, ideally a ready made one, but I am fairly adept at fiddling with small things and would be able to put something together if that's what I have to do.

Whats available please gentlemen - I am in the UK.

I have found this item on the bay: which is Item number: 260968042988 if the link doesn't work. Would it be as simple a trick as to fix the lens to the end a 30mm tube and slide it onto the bezel?

Thanks all, Dave.
What you want is the Ahorton aspheric lens. Ahorton sells them here on CPF.

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I have contacted the UK source regarding what I need to aquire a lens that will throw an approximate 15 degree beam, and what it takes to fit it in the correct place. :thumbsup: