Arc Locator Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets22

Enlightened
I wanted something a little different than a glowring attatched to my Arc. I decided to add a flush mounted Tritium capsule in the powerpack. The unit is now mounted in clear industrial silicone and countersunk to prevent any damage. VERY easy to find now. Thought you might like a picture. web page web page

Kiessling

Flashaholic
veeeryyyy nice!
if you offer this modding service you might become a welathy guy ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Jets22

Enlightened
Thanks very much Bernhard..It turned out better than expected. The capsule is the perfect size for this mod and more than bright enough. I only have a couple capsules left though. Glad you like the look.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jets22,

Good job and application! Those little vials look very promising indeed!

- Don

Jets22

Enlightened
Actually Bart this dot is very close to the size of a tritium night sight capsule. Maybe slightly longer than the Meprolite version.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Do you have a source for those or did you "cannibalize" them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice...I think you've got a winner here!

I'll be in line if you decide to start offering your services /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

Jets22

Enlightened
XRunner...The hole depth is a shade under a 1/8 inch. The marker is set back slightly to prevent any capsule damage. Silicone is used for added shock dampening and retention of the marker.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Im sorry I do not see it. Is it that little tiny, tiny, minute speck towards the tail end?

Jets22

Enlightened
Well, I can tell you in a dark room, that tiny tiny speck looks very bright. If you are truly having a problem seeing that one....you could always glue one of these to the side. Much easier to spot but not as clean looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif web page

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifVery nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I too would be in line for one.
How about on a ARC "AA"?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been toying with the idea of routing a channel in the side of a light and using the capsule out of a glow ring. It just seems that the wall thickness on most lights is very thin and it would be difficult for me to rout out the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.