Barely a mod but I thought I would share.

idleivey

Newly Enlightened
After looking through some of these threads I was a little hesitant to post this but I think its pretty useful. I picked up a Sipik SK68 and a box of o-rings just to have something to play with.

I initially had one placed near the end of the bezel so I could adjust the focus but it kept coming off. I wrapped some o-rings around the body and ended up with what I have in the picture. I found that it is actually quite useful for holding the flashlight in my mouth. Not having to bite down on hard aluminum means I can hold the light more comfortably in my mouth for quite a bit longer. If I had the capabilities a rubber sleeve might work better. Anyway cheap little mod, hope you find it useful.

1r8U1.jpg

CKOD

Enlightened
Flashlights that take a wrap or covering are always nice! A good wrap can make one feel a lot nicer in the hand than just bare metal.

665fdc5b.jpg

my Icon Rogue 2 came out 10x better once I wrapped it. The wrapping made it so it wouldnt roll either like it would beforehand.

idleivey

Newly Enlightened
Putting me to shame with my ugly o-rings! That is wonderful looking, although I would be a little hesitant to stick it in my mouth! :thumbsup:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for some red silicone o-rings I've seen that before on a M3 among other lights. I've done the o-ring trick on a L1 in place of the lanyard clip that attaches to the tail, also used 2 flat rings from a SF M1 IR Illuminator to make a classic Aleph tail comfortable to bite, it created a V that would pinch onto the teeth. Not that we should be biting down on metal objects between our teeth, or Legos, thats why they invented brick separators and headlamps.

moderator007

Enlightened
What if you stuck a couple of the green glow in the dark o-rings on there. Then your teeth might glow in the dark. :eek:
But would be easy to find in the dark, the flashlight that is.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shouldn't high powered torches NOT be wrapped, to allow heat dissipation through the metal case ?

Flashlike

Enlightened
Flashlights that take a wrap or covering are always nice! A good wrap can make one feel a lot nicer in the hand than just bare metal.

665fdc5b.jpg

my Icon Rogue 2 came out 10x better once I wrapped it. The wrapping made it so it wouldnt roll either like it would beforehand.

CKOD -- What did you use to wrap your Icon Rogue 2? That really looks nice!

What

CKOD

Enlightened
It was some leather cord/lacing that I ordered online, 2 strands/colors on each half of the light. It was a pain keeping all the twists the same way and keeping it all consistent, but it all worked out in the end.

And the O-rings definitely fit nicely on the light in the original post, depending on pocketability, I'd do that to any light that would support it, as im sure it makes the feel in the hand a lot better.