Help me find a reflector.....Incan 3C Maglite conversion to LED with Malkoff Drop In

Wangstang

Newly Enlightened
I'm converting an older 3C cell Maglite to LED using one of the Malkoff Drop In's. I'm thinking that I'd like to have an orange peel refelctor of some type and maybe a better quality lens. Can anyone provide some direction/advice on where to look and what to look for?

Thanks
Wes

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wes,

Here is the reflector.

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S006166

And the lens would be here.
http://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=boro_lens

Flashlight lens has 2 choices for Mag size. I always get the borofloat because they are heat resistant, hard to scratch and have 94% light transmittance. UCL is the other option, these give a slightly higher transmittance but are very very easy to tarnish IMO. I dont even waste money on the UCL anymore, I use the boro on all my mag mods.

The size for Mag is the 52.1mm x 2.00mm

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on what light source you use. Those SMO reflectors were mostly for use with high powered incandescent lights. The OP ones work well to smooth out the beam of say a quad core LED like MCE or P7. I cant see spending the money for an SMO reflector if you light is using an XML or SST-90 though. The factory mag reflectors have a more reflective surface than the KD metal ones I think.

If it was my light and the old plastic mag reflector was damaged I would just get a new mag reflector and cut the cam off to use with the LED. Other wise I'd get the OP one to soften the beam.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Does the Malkoff's XP-G really need smoothing out?
I always thought thought cutting the ol plastic one was best.
Spill, throw, all good.
I bet the OP would be ultra smooth and even more flood but I'd want to see pics of each before plinking down the money and waiting on the KD rowboat to come to port.