Amish and Luxeons

AllenInHouston

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone else see the show on TechTV about the Amish's use of Luxeons in Pennsylvania? (I think it's called Tech Live) Anyway, even though they ride around in horse powered buggies, they have to have headlights if it's dark or visibility is "low". They've been running halogen headlights, but some company is making Luxeon headlights for them. I "think" that they said that there are 6 LEDs in each light (which makes sense - price was $100). The TechTV guy said that instead of charging the battery for the lights every month, they only have to do it every 6 months (or something like that).

That show is on tomorrow at 9am and noon (CST) - I don't know if it's a repeat of the same episode or not though.

Allen

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i didn't see the show but i think someone may have brought it up on these forums once b4..

i really got a kick outta horse-drawn luxeons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

it was a very smart move on their part tho.. i believe b4 the statistics for average savings were posted.. and it was quite worth the switch..

-Ryan