Arc AAA Diffuser / Light Stick / Tent light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter / All -

In case you havn't seen my review or other posts related to the subject, you can get a Garrity Fun-Tastick LED light at Walmart for about 2.50, or other places for a little more.

They come in White, Green, Red, and Blue.

"So What?" you may ask...

You can remove the tapered diffuser tube and it fits GREAT over an Arc AAA. The Arc AAA fits in so the tube covers about 2/3 of the body and the head jams in place. You can turn the light on and off by holding the tube and twisting the tail end of the Arc.

This makes a great battery-replacable light stick or diffusing tent light out of the Arc AAA.

Here is my review of the Garrity light so you know what to look for.

http://flashlightreviews2.home.att.net/reviews/garrity_fun-tastick.htm

The batteries are not replacable in the light and it's glued together, so you have to be rough, but if you're careful you can remove the diffuser without damage (generally by crushing the upper section of the light with a pair of pliers to split the glue seam on the diffuser or by sawing it off just below the glue).

Enjoy!

arclightstick1.jpg

arclightstick2.jpg

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. Wal-Mart here didn't have any in stock last time I checked, so it looks like it's time for another trip. Are they by the chemical lightsticks in camping?

"What I Didn't Like: Switch is cheesy and the batteries cannot be replaced. The unit must be discarded when the batteries die." -Quickbeam's review

If anyone feels the need to "discard" a used unit please feel free to send it to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find them in my WalMart in the halloween seasonal aisle and back in the flashlights aisle - yours may differ, but try there first.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Cool. I will check out L n' T tomorrow. There is one here in the city. I wish we had a WalMart. Soon I guess. I was wondering why Peter does not offer these (meaning a diffuser tube) for his lights. I would have use my LSH-P as a traffic wand during the blackout. I like accessories. If anyone decides to pick up a lot of these let me know. I'd buy 4 from ya.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Furious_Tiger said:
Cool. I will check out L n' T tomorrow. There is one here in the city. I wish we had a WalMart. Soon I guess. I was wondering why Peter does not offer these (meaning a diffuser tube) for his lights. I would have use my LSH-P as a traffic wand during the blackout. I like accessories. If anyone decides to pick up a lot of these let me know. I'd buy 4 from ya.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'd like to have a white one and a green one.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There's no Wall-Mart around here, and I don't think there's a Linens & Things nearby either. At least, not where I can get to one. But I'll check Bartells and Wallgreens tomorrow to see if they have these things.

Empath

Flashaholic
Using the diffuser on the Arc AAA is really a fantastic use for them, after they're spent. The white one will permit whatever color Arc you may be using, to show color properly. I'd think it'd be great with the RGB also.

I hesitate to say, since this is the Arc Flashlight forum, but it works exceptionally with the Sonic also.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said in another thread:
I managed to pick up one of the diffuser wands that quickbeam mentioned for only $2.50 at Wally World. I got a white one, and the wand does a great job at diffusing the light. Wasn't too hard to get off of the light either, just beat on the joint a little bit with a hammer to break the glue bond, but it didn't damage anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually very happy with this diffuser. They would work VERY well for a tent light on an Arc AAA. I am actually going to look for another one, and I might even get a red one.

To my surprise, the white LED in the light module part is very nice. It throws a nice round beam with absolutely NO artifacts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif A nice cool blue color too. I like this LED better than my Nichia B1S LEDs, and I really wonder where it came from. A big surprise from such an el cheapo light wand. I hate to think that most of these will just be thrown out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

I am wondering if the red wand uses a red LED or a white one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

TheBeam

Enlightened
The red ones use a red led. White uses white. Blue uses blue. The green ones use a BLUE one, but look green when used in the diffuser.
I really like these things. There's no Walfart in Seattle, so I'll have to leave town to get some more.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i took a couple of pics of a white arc aaa and a turquoise arc aaa in the white stick. they will be posted along with the other 50+ pics under the "experiment 626" post in the LED forum as soon as I get a chance.

I have used the the Arc aaa turquoise/white stick version in a real world application already too. inside a 3man 7x7 tent. it worked very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.