Nikecore TM 11 vs Niteye Eye30 ?

Bruno28

Enlightened
Hello,

I have a couple of Felix and klaus lights, and was maybe thinking of getting a 2000+ lumen flashlight.
The Tm11 and Eye30 are the one that caught my eye, but I can't decide which one to go for.
Does anyone have both that they could Compare?
Size and weight doesn't matter to me, what I'm looking for is which one has the furthest throw, beam spill, build quality, and over all the best to have when outside.

They are a bit on the expensive side for me, paying 200+ for a flashlight seams a bit steep, even though I like owning a couple.

Last edited:

380long

Newly Enlightened
Why not the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML(1950 lumens)? I have one and it's a flood monster plus it has some nice throw also! Build quality is top notch, you should look at this light also! The Niteye Eye30 has got my attention as well! I am going to wait for the Eye25 to come out, should be by the end of next month at the latest and I think I will purchase that one.

Bruno28

Enlightened
Why not the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML(1950 lumens)? I have one and it's a flood monster plus it has some nice throw also! Build quality is top notch, you should look at this light also! The Niteye Eye30 has got my attention as well! I am going to wait for the Eye25 to come out, should be by the end of next month at the latest and I think I will purchase that one.

The Jetbeam is too expensive for my little pocket. Plus The eye30 looks way cooler and has 50 extra lumens. I spoke to Turbobb and he said that the eye 30 has a good flood to throw balance.
But i was not sure if i should spend the extra for the eye 30. I can get a TM11 for $200 or a Eye30 for $270.

H2oplayer

Newly Enlightened
Where can you get the tm11 for $200? I have been looking at this but I am seeing $260. That would almost make the 18650's free.

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
Keep an eye out over on the market place. Some of us were luck enough to score the latest version of the TM-11 super cheap and even got free shipping. I think that deal is over but keep an eye out as you never know when the next one will show up.

H2oplayer

Newly Enlightened
What is the latest version? I looked on the Nitecore site and did not see where they call this out.

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
I have found the TM-11 on flee bay in the $200 range but they are usually for the first version. I am no expert but I believe there were some issues with that light. From my experience and from reviews most of those issue have been corrected on the second version.

Bruno28, I see your dilemma. I just got done watching some you tube vids on the eye 30. Looks like one heck of a light. I think I would prefer the rotary ring on it as oposed to the U.I. on my TM-11. Hopefully some owners will chime in shortly. I'll be subscribing to this thread for sure.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I oredered mine yesterday from gunsafari $150 shipped with coupon code "powered".

They state in the website that is the latest version, V1.12 and cool white.

Today morning I recieved a electronic notification for shipping, and this deal was supossed to be over 2 weeks ago.

Lets just hope my order doesnt get cancelled and wait for it to arrive

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
Keep an eye out over on the market place. Some of us were luck enough to score the latest version of the TM-11 super cheap and even got free shipping. I think that deal is over but keep an eye out as you never know when the next one will show up.
I'm checking it right now. Hopefully I find a good deal.

Bruno28

Enlightened
I have found the TM-11 on flee bay in the $200 range but they are usually for the first version. I am no expert but I believe there were some issues with that light. From my experience and from reviews most of those issue have been corrected on the second version.

Bruno28, I see your dilemma. I just got done watching some you tube vids on the eye 30. Looks like one heck of a light. I think I would prefer the rotary ring on it as oposed to the U.I. on my TM-11. Hopefully some owners will chime in shortly. I'll be subscribing to this thread for sure.
Yeah, I've watched like every video on YouTube, it looks really good, well built, and easy to use with the rotary ring and with a nice case too.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's an excellent outdoor high output thrower you are after. Then the Xtar S1 is worth a consideration. It easily throws the best in it's class. Compact triple XM-L U2 light.

Bruno28

Enlightened
If it's an excellent outdoor high output thrower you are after. Then the Xtar S1 is worth a consideration. It easily throws the best in it's class. Compact triple XM-L U2 light.
You read my mind, i was just looking at it now. You can get the pre-production version for $160, i think nothing beats this price. The only thing is, its not as compact.
But a lot cheaper.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
You read my mind, i was just looking at it now. You can get the pre-production version for $160, i think nothing beats this price. The only thing is, its not as compact.
But a lot cheaper.

Yeah, for the $, I'd get the Xtar S1.

I HAVE the TM11 and the RRT 3 XML, and the DRY. The S1 will out throw all of those lights....and pumps out more lumens as well.

The possible exception is the DRY, which can pump out over 3k lumens, but its a wall of light, not a focused thrower pattern. For $68 though, it IS fun to have around. I like mine at least.

The DRY is sort of a toy though, whereas the other lights you're considering are tools.

The TM11 from Gun Safari at $150 with the discount is a screaming deal too. I like the control rings better than the click click click click scrolling you have to do to operate the TM11 though, so while its a cool light, and I use it all the time, I'm not a fan of the UI....its counter intuitive for me at least. Its a FLOOD light....a huge pool of light.

The RRT 3 XML is a very nice light, and it has more throw than the TM11, DRY and still has a floody beam....very useful, and the ring type UI is easy to use. I think Goinggear with the CPF discount is cheapest, ~ $$292.

Out of the tools, the S1 is the best light for your stated purpose though, having huge useful spill, and more throw than the others, and, which you can get on sale now as low as ~ $224 for the newest, corrected and regulated version, from MD-Lightsource (Using the CPF membership discount). I'd get the S1 on sale right now over the others, given what you want the light to DO for you.

:D

Bruno28

Enlightened
Ended up getting a Thrunite TN30 with 3000lm output, and a cost of $200.
Not bad, as its cheaper than both the Eye 30 and TM11 and you get an extra 1000lm.
I just hope its a good light/brand

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not bad, as its cheaper than both the Eye 30 and TM11 and you get an extra 1000lm.

It is unlikely that it will be 3000 lumens. It will probably be around 2200 lumens.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

They just came out, so its hard to know how good it is in real life.

It is a floody beam, less throw than the S1 for example....but if the range it does end up having is useful to you, then it should be great. Otherwise, you could go for the TN31 to have a matching more throwy version, with a claimed ~2x the lux.

:D