Quark Turbo X Discontinued?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everybody!

Did you see that the quark turbo x got discontinued?

Wow, suddenly my old favorite light becomes a collector's item!

It now joins my SWM as a new shelf queen. hehe :)

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
They discontinued a bunch of their lights from what it looks like...weird.

Imon

Enlightened
I believe that the "Quark Xs" were the XM-L versions.

I think 4sevens wants to stick with the XP-G. It's not surprising that they would discontinue it. They have limited runs with a lot of their lights ... neutral/High CRI, the RGBs didn't really stick around long, and the XP-G S2s didn't last long either.

Raze

Enlightened
FourSevens has been undergoing a re-branding process, with a new logo too.

Their website is FourSevens.com and you will find the flashlights there, albeit with diff naming scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
They discontinued a bunch of their lights from what it looks like...weird.

I think I read somewhere that they are going through a "rebranding" phase in line with the new website and so forth. All of their models apparently have name changes pending IIRC.

Many of 4Sevens lights are listed as "discontinued" at present. I have been waiting to order a couple of Preons for a few weeks now but it seems they are taking forever to get themselves organised - I actually think it's a little unprofessional to keep "fans" waiting so long for information but what can you do. :shrug:

Also, not sure if there may be complications related to the patent infringement case launched by Surefire in January. Plenty of CPF threads on that topic! You could try here
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...e-files-lawsuits-claiming-patent-infringement to begin with if you hadn't heard.
(Sorry Mods if there are any restrictions on mentioning this topic - I am not sure how "hush-hush" this topic is by now.)

I guess time will tell. Hope this helps.

EDIT - just beaten to it by Raze while typing this post :)

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ yup, you're just seeing the old logo inventory disappearing.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping that the regular Turbo models were migrating to the xt-e, which kind of makes the TurboX with xm-l, not necessary.
Maybe the TurboX with an xp-g, that would throw awesomely!