• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD Two Each, VSS-3 Tank & Helicopter Monster Light Packages For Sale

BVH

Flashaholic
SET ONE SOLD

SET TWO KEPT

OK, I have now acquired a 2nd VSS-3a Control box so I have two complete light sets to sell. Set number 1 is the light, control box, tripod and cables you see in the foreground. Set number 2 is the light on the ground and the new control box. There are no cables for set number 2. I will make a set for $375 – which is the actual parts cost only, no labor will be charged. The 3 Amphenols alone are about $360.00

Set number 1: $1450 + approx. $225 shipping. Postal Money Order preferred but will take PayPal

Modified (to fit tripod) 1KW, 14" light
Larry Black aluminum tripod
Control box
Power Cable – Amphenol on Controller end & welder twist lock style on battery end.
Controller to light cable – Amphenol on both ends.
Spare bulb

You will not find a Plug-N-Play VSS-3 setup equal to this one!

Set number 2: $650 + approx. $185 shipping: Postal Money Order preferred but will take PayPal

1KW, 14" light
Control box
Spare bulb
1 of 3 needed Amphenol connectors
(Both Cables supplied for additional $375.00)

Buy both sets for $1900 plus shipping.

The lights:

The beam can be a 1 degree laser-like beam or with the flip of a switch, be expanded to a few degrees. Also, with the flip of a switch, it will go into infrared mode. These are the newer, later, more square'ish lights versus the somewhat 8-sided lights. Both are below 15 hours use on their Hobbs meters. Both lights are in very good condition and function perfectly. If the paint was perfect, they'd be in excellent condition. Inside, they are absolutely pristine. The light that goes with the tripod was modified by removing the handles and, using a special metal punch and template, punching a hole for the tripod mounting system such that the light is near-perfectly balanced. The other light is untouched. The cables for set number 1 are about 20' long and made of ultra-high strand count (2090 strands vrs 780 strands for normal welding cable) Carroll #1 AWG , ultra flexible welding cable. The cable set is two-piece and all ends are assembled. It's good for over 250 Amps given the length used in this setup and is protected with special heavy duty heat shrink fabric. I have an original "TM" military manual for the light in set number 1 and a copy for the light in set number 2.

These lights are a match or nearly a match of the caliber of the famous Spectrolab NightSun, 1.6KW helicopter-mounted light. While the NightSun is 1.6KW, its minimum beam angle is 4 degrees. The VSS-3 is 1KW with a 1 degree beam so it can out distances the NS.

I'll drive up to 250 miles, maybe a little more, from Pismo Beach, CA towards delivery of both sets. Of course, local pick up is fine, too. I'll fully demonstrate all functions, connections and features.

For anyone who might pick up a set and not need shipping, I will throw in two UBG, 110 Amp batteries and appropriate cables to put them in Series to drive the light. Note: the batteries are about 5 years old so it's unknown how much life is left in them.

Prefer a Postal Money Order but will also take PayPal.

RightSideView.jpg

BackSideView.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

FrontDirectView.jpg

FrontAngularview.jpg

ControlBox.jpg

The drain pan was almost hot after about 1 minute.

IMG_3413.jpg

inside-3.jpg

-3fan.jpg

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: VSS-3 Tank & Helicopter Monster Lights Package For Sale

Good Lord... USPS express mail to the UK is out of the question ??:whistle:

BVH

Flashaholic

Good Lord... USPS express mail to the UK is out of the question ??:whistle:

Just for fun, PM me an address in the UK so I can see what it would cost.

Got some addresses of DHL but both DHL and UPS would not give prices, just the avail service. Said need to call.

Last edited:

larryk

Enlightened

Your tempting me Bob. Is there enough equipment (less batteries) to have 2 working lights ? Or are they sharing some of the components.

BVH

Flashaholic

Larry, it's two 100% stand alone, working lights but only 1 control box so only one can run at a time. Those -3 control boxes are very hard to find.

edited ad to add things that I have always known but maybe other don't.

Last edited:

motigg

Newly Enlightened

Any way to clip these on to a hat?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! Wooooowwwwwwwwwww!

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

And to think I've been to Pismo so many times, and never knew there was something so awesome right around the corner...:eek:

BVH

Flashaholic

This package is pulled from sale. Got a 2nd control box Ebay just now and once received and tested, I will break up the set and sell one light and one control box, plus I can make up the two cables if the buyer desires for an added charge. I will keep the tripod.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: Two Each, VSS-3 Tank & Helicopter Monster Light Packages For Sale

Tank lights back on the market in two separate packages. Easier to afford!