Help with Armytek Predator Line 2 problem

Trevtrain

Enlightened
[h=2][/h]
Hi folks, I have also posted this message in CPF Marketplace - I hope this isn't breaking any rules here.

My new Predator arrived today and I have spent a couple of hours working out the menus and programming. Yes it is complicated but I have played about quite a bit and also watched several YouTube videos I've found in here. I don't think there is anything I am doing wrong (or not doing).

I have struck problems with setting up Line 2.
help.gif

No matter what I do with memorization (a few people reported strange behaviour in other threads) I cannot get the light to function properly with more than 3 modes. I have searched the threads in here but cannot find anything matching my problem.

I have had no problems setting up Line 1 to any number of modes and brightness levels from 3 to 9. Semi-step stabilsation. Correct battery selection (18650)

I wanted Line 2 as follows: Max, Strobe, 25%, Beacon, Firefly. When I select the number of modes to be 1, 2 or3, everything is fine and I can choose from any of the options. However, if I choose 4 or 5 modes the light freezes in line 2 when I tighten/loosen to change modes. The light will cycle through the first 3 modes and then on what should be Mode 4, it will lock up.
If mode 3 was beacon, then the light goes off. No amount of tightening/loosening will bring it back on and it will not come on if I change to Line 1 - tighten. The only way I can get the light to work again is to switch it off and on again at the tailcap.
If mode 3 was constant, then the light stays on constant. Again, nothing will bring it back to life except a power cycle via the tailcap.
It seems to simply stay in whatever state the LED was at when switched to Mode 4.

I have G10901 printed on the side and the menu options seem to match the online manual and the instruction sheet included.

Has anyone else encountered this or do you think I have a faulty light?
icon9.gif

I haven't contacted Armytek yet but that will be my next course of action depending on what advice I can find in here.

Thanks
Trev​