Advice on Thrunite / LumaPower / OLIGHT

Tmax1

Newly Enlightened
I am in the market for a thrower at or just over $100 and I have found these 3 that I like a lot:

- Thrunite Catapult V3+ XM-L
- LumaPower MRV-SideKick Ultra III TurboForce
- OLIGHT M3X Triton

I will be using 1 or 2 18650 batteries. I found a brand: Tenergy that seems to have very good reviews and the 2 batteries + charger (of good quality) is under $30

With that in mind, here are the most important aspects to me:

1. Distance throw

2. Durability / Quality / Longevity of the light

3. Last thing that matters a lot to me is that I don't want to buy something that is overdriven and pushed to it's limit. Unless an expert can give the "OK" for this that it doesn't matter. (I think you get the idea; Don't want it to wear out)

Things that aren't as important to me (unless they are REALLY bad)

1. Color of the light (white / yelllow / etc.)

2. Beam size (I would like a nice solid thick beam, but if I have to go for slendor that is ok)

I don't expect miracles from a handheld LED 18650 but I do want to get my $$ worth. So any opinions or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

*Also, can anyone expound on the importance of bezel size in relation to these 3 lights?

(FYI I have searched the forums over a lot and didn't see any post quite like this one. I'm not asking for you guys to give me all the specs again, as I have found bits and pieces all over the forum. Just highlights that make a difference.)

Thank you CPF for your thoughtful time and consideration :grin2:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
If your wanting one of the best XM-L throwers period, that is so dang close to matching the Crelant 7G5 in throw outdoors and believe me I know then the M3X is the light to buy. I have the Catapult V3, and it won't touch the M3X in throw.

Tmax1

Newly Enlightened
have you checked out Eagletac?

I assume you are referring to the G25C2 featuring the 770 lumen CREE XM-L U2 (found this on their site)

This looks like a really solid, quality torch. I will have to search around more here for further details. (I won't ask you to post them here, as I'm sure they are posted already)

I used to have a Tiablo A9 (also the collimator head) but I lost the light at work and I'm pretty sure whoever found it wasn't going to give it back... This light feels a lot like that one but more tricked out. I love being able to drop in 2 x 18650's and the price is right where I want to be as well...

THANK YOU! for this input shelm, I'm gonna check into it.I'm still really diggin' the OLIGHT M3X too though...

*Anybody need the collimator head from my Tiablo A9? I could sell it cheap .. just pay shipping probably (P.M. me * hope it's ok to say this here)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I'll recommend to you if I can since your wanting best quality and throw, it's hard to beat the Sunwayman T40CS. Perfect anodizing and great threads. And it will throw with the best of them. But it takes 2 18650's or 4 CR123A's. But I myself wouldn't worry about just using 1 18650 for a thrower.

Last edited:

Tmax1

Newly Enlightened
I'll recommend to you if I can since your wanting best quality and throw, it's hard to beat the Sunwayman T40CS. Perfect anodizing and great threads. And it will throw with the best of them. But it takes 2 18650's or 4 CR123A's. But I myself wouldn't worry about just using 1 18650 for a thrower.

Ok I did it, I pulled the trigger on the Sunwayman. I think this is exactly what I wanted. I picked up 4 batties and a charger and that definitely brought the total up a bit. Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate your time. These were all really sweet looking torches and I would probably be happy with any of them.

In the end it came down to the ridiculously tight beam / distance of the Sunwayman T40CS and also availability.

To anyone looking at this in the future in a similar scenario (wanting a stock LED thrower) I was between the Sunwayman T40CS, OLIGHT M3X Triton and the EagleTec for pure quality and power.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Sunwayman T40CS is an excellent choice for quality and throw. The traditional style switch is also very useful. I am particularly impressed with the fit and finish of this over my other throwers.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Good deal. You made the wisest choice. Wait till you see the anodizing on the T40CS when you open the box for the first time. Even the laser lettering is the best I have seen on any light. The fit and finish in your hand will amaze you. I'll give it a gem mint 10. The Sunwayman V60C is even more nicer. I have that one too.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The best XM-L thrower around now is the Thrunite TN31

It does cost twice as much as you specified and 3 18650s though, so you probably made the right choice for your criteria. :)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The best XM-L thrower around now is the Thrunite TN31

It does cost twice as much as you specified and 3 18650s though, so you probably made the right choice for your criteria. :)

I don't know about that. The best single XM-L would probably be more like it. The TK70 would probably give it all it wants.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Hard not to like the T40CS.

DSCF3586Small.jpg

DSCF1989Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Here's that V60C I was telling you about. It's by far the nicest light out there in my honest opinion that I have seen.

Perfect knurling and cuts, and magnetic ring is what makes this light a winner.

DSCF2076Small.jpg

Tmax1

Newly Enlightened
Guys I appreciate your input (easylid / ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS) I am very happy with my final decision, thanks to the comment from BLUE LED that got me looking at the Sunwayman. If I had rep power I would + you all lol. When my wife saw the charge on our bank account she questioned why I need the light and honestly I don't have a very good answer for that. I know there is an incredible urge for an awesome handpowered thrower but I don't know why. Probably the same part of me that had to have a fancy RC Hellachopter and one of those 1,000 mW handheld laser's for $300 lol.

CPF is awesome, I will be doing a lot more reading and posting on here. Thanks again guys.