What's the cheapest Surefire?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Re: What\'s the cheapest Surefire?

Probably a used one or one that someone wants to sell. You just want any SF light? No specific use for it?

I have numerous SF lights I've aquired through trade or bought. Most look like new. All were much cheaper than retail or wholesale.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I think the E1 is the cheapest but you should spring for a 2 cell. Tons of people have the E2e and love it. I have a G2Z Nitrolan (I think it's close in price, I'm not up-to-date on Surefire priving) and love it. It may not look as nice at first glance (As it's "plastic" instead of nice, HA metal) but the Nitrolan, not quite a plastic but an advanced polymerm is awesome...and the light (I believe) is lighter than an all metal E2e too
wink.gif

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

logicnerd411,

My company sells the SureFire G2 for $44.99. It's a great light!

Dan.

arioch

Enlightened

Logicnerd 411:

The G2 nitrolon is currently the least expensive light in the Surefire line. Dan's price at Tactical Warehouse is very good.
smile.gif
icon14.gif

I have owned one for a while ... it is very sturdy, tough, puts out a lot of light, and I carry it on my belt at work (replaced my 6P, which I refitted with a turbohead).
grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened

Yes, the Nitrolon lights (G2,G2Z,8NX) are great. I like the Polymer feel and it won't scratch the car's paint like the aluminum lights will when you set it down on the hood
smile.gif
. Great utility light. If you get the G2, you can always upgrade the lens to Pyrex later.

I agree with Saaby, you should go 2 cell and up to start.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by SurefireM6:
Probably a used one or one that someone wants to sell. You just want any SF light? No specific use for it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope, just want one...

Originally posted by Saaby:
I think the E1 is the cheapest but you should spring for a 2 cell.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not a fan of 123's, but apparently Surefire is... I want to keep the cost of the batteries to a minimum. The E2e looks nice and small...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want a low cost SF, you will 123's. Ebay has the lowest price on 123's. As to the light, I have to echo Saaby. The E1 is the lowest cost but get the G2 as the next lowest cost. It's only a few $'s more and way brighter as in 3-4X.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Concur - get the G2 if you're looking for the least expensive Surefire with the best output. You'll be suprised when you take it out of the package just how small it really is! Get your batteries from online e-tailers such as Sunnbattery.com or Cheapbatteries.com to keep the prices down.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

As to the cost of 123's, remember that they can be used in a regulated LED light after they are expended in an incandesent light. That way you can consider it as free batteries for your LED light.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like most, I would go with the G2. It's a great little light, one of the next ones on my to-buy list. Personally I haven't had too much of a problem running through lots of 123s, but I did get a rechargeable Surefire to help keep the costs down (but they do cost a lot more to start off with).

A little off topic, but does anyone know the best place to get an e1? Thanks

-Mike

Anarchocap

Enlightened

The G2 can be had for $29.99 + ~$8 shipping at http://www.botachtactical.com/. Just know that with the cheapest price, you also get some lame customer service (as in, they don't tell you your order hasn't shipped because they're out of stock -- but at least they didn't charge my CC!).

SurefireM6

Enlightened

Last I checked that promotion at Botach is over. The price listed is for Olive Drab also, black is an extra $5.

Anarchocap

Enlightened

DOH! I just checked again today and the special is gone. There in the morning, gone in the afternoon... Hence a wise man once said, never let a good thing get away...

JimM

Newly Enlightened

The cheapest one will be the LAST ONE I happen to buy....the others seemed to multiply at my expense.
Jim

Ratso

Enlightened

The Surefire E2e is a great light, hihgly recommended. You can use the lower power MN02 lamp to double the run time, (60 to 25 lumen), which is perfectly bright enough for around the house/EDC use. The E2O (Outdoorsman) comes standard with the MN02 lamp, has a different (longer?) pocekt clip, and is the same price.

ygbsm

Enlightened

I'd go with a two cell -- G2 G2Z. I have come to really like nitrolon (the not scratch your car's paint is a new reason to prefer Nitrolon).