Fenix clone????

kj2

Flashaholic
Fenix don't make lights for other companies for what I know. It's just another rip-off from Ultrafire.
Already notified Fenix of this ultrafire light, -also the 'fake' TK35 can be bought at DX. Don't like fake. I buy the real-thing, or nothing.

davecroft

Enlightened
Well for people who think the E05 should be brighter, maybe it is an option. But the runtime would not be ideal for me.

is it as durable / reliable as the Fenix? Time will tell.

I'm surprised they can get away with making something like this and calling it an E05! I suppose patent rights are a bit different in China.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the beam like and how is it for runtime ?
i like the floody beam of the E05 but this'd make a great gift If it's a similar qualit but brighter

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already notified Fenix of this ultrafire light,
Thanks!

Out of deep respect for Ultrafire cloning wizardry i will stop commenting on their E05 :sssh:

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries here shelm, I wouldn't put one of these on my own keychain ;) but it'd be an alright gift if it were cheaper than the Origional :grin2:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it were cheaper than the Origional :grin2:

CarpentryHero, the origional Fenix E05 is only 18.xx US$ shipped on DD (dinodirect . com). That's what my buddies told me! Price shouldnt matter. Quality is what matters!

orsoorso

Newly Enlightened
Fenix is declared, and really is waterproof (IP x8) as it comes out of the box, ultafire as come from factory is absolutely not waterproof.
However, if you manage to unscrwìew the two part of the head, (they are glued together but the glue is not too strong) and reassemble sealing the lents to the top ring and the threads between the top ring and the head bottom, that contains the pill, you get a perfectly waterproof head.
Now, remiove the two orings, put two or thre turns of plumber teflon tape in the oring groove, replace the orings (one is enough) and you got a perfectly waterproof Ultrafie E05, much berìtter then Fhenix, once waterproofed.
I wonder why they do not do this at the factory.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't support cloning; I see it as intellectual property theft. If they can clone, they can make their own (more than just ever so slightly) different version instead. Hitting the market where others have missed is one thing, going for the exact same target is unworthy of my attention. And cloning a light I could afford to buy multiple times?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a different price point, I could see buying a clone as a scuff light, or as something to tinker with.

But to outright clone another product and charge close to the original's price tag? Nah - pass.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also a tk45 clone, except its three XML's, uses 26650, and has a tail cap switch.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

fyrstormer

Banned
They aren't clones. They are the units that didn't meet Fenix's specifications. Throwing away units that don't meet the primary company's specs is a purely Western practice; in Asia, they just get rebranded with the names of discount companies, and sold to people who can't afford the primary company's higher prices.