Waiting for the sun to go down

Dingle1911

Enlightened
So today I had some new LED conversion heads arrive around lunch time which I would have figured was a good thing, but the sun was up and I had no way to play with my new toys. The sun has since gone now and I have done some comparison with other lights in my collection. How do you all deal with the wait?

Pics of my new lights (not the greatest as I loaned out my real camera)

The new lights, a TLS e2 conversion head hosted on a SF E2e and a TLS TX4 hosted on a SF 9P with M to C adpater
IMAG0567.jpg

A few other lights that I used for comparison
IMAG0568.jpg

The 9P with Malkoff M91 might still be my favorite

Sintro

Newly Enlightened
I don't wait. I go to the south pole for 6 months and the north pole for 6 months.

jamesb

Newly Enlightened
Same thing happened to me. Got my new Fenix TK35 U2 in after work and it was bright and sunny out. I ended up locking myself in the pitch-black basement for a bit to check it out. Then once it got dark, I ran outside like a little girl. :)

B.B.

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to see some beam pix. Nice stuff you have there friend.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I will try some beam pics tonight or Wednesday night, photography isn't my strong suit. I am getting pretty good at "add to cart...check out...new flashlight arrives in mail"

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't wait; I try my new lights outside in the sun!

The TK70 litteraly burned a hole in my shadow at about 2-3 feet distance. Well, first I try my lights under the table the second I pop the batteries in, then outside, then in the bathroom and then I can't wait for the sun to go down and get the full effect.

and now I'm waiting after yours :popcorn:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer!

If you're in the northern hemisphere today is the longest day of the year...

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Last night didn't work, I had to finish my to-do list for my wife. I will try again tonight, but it is the longest day as I am the northern hemisphere AND I have been told we have a birthday party to go to. As you can see, I do my best to take care of my wife so when boxes arrive with new toys nothing is said.

I have been carrying the TLS e2 conversion head daily. I would say that it is brighter than the LX2 because of the hot spot, it is better at throw. The LX2 beam does not have as bright of a hot spot, but the beam pattern is more evenly dispersed, kind of a light everywhere thing.