Received my new LSL-ST today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
It's a steal at $65.00! Yes, it's much more of a blue tinted light than my LSH-P, but it cost less than half as much!

The lable on the package says 10-22-03, so it must be from the most recent production run. The anodizing is smooth and semi reflective, perfect color match to my LSH-P and AA TSP.

I also got a CPF AAA for my wife's car keys.

harrydog

Newly Enlightened
My first LS was an LSH-P. I recently picked up an LSL-S for $65 and I have to agree that at that price it is a fantastic bargain.
I did some comparisons between the two while out with my kids on Halloween night.
Yes, the LSL has a very bluish hot spot, while the LSH-P has no hint of blue in comparison. The throw on these beams is really quite similar, with the LSH-P perhaps being just a tad better. The beam patterns are slightly different, but nothing dramatic.
Overall, the LSL-S is very close to the LSH-P in performance and if I were to do it all over again, there is no way I'd pay more than twice the cost for the LSH-P. It's not that much better, in my opinion.

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I did the same thing. I bought an LSH-P first, fell in love, and then decided to pick up an LSL-S at the outstanding price of $65. That is just unbeatable.

sotyakr

Enlightened
After a slight delay due to an incorrect address issue, then being out of town for a few days, I finally have my LSL-S in my hand. Sure, I would like to have gotten an LSH-P, but for $65, the LSL-S was a helluva deal, especially since I paid about that much for an SLS last year. Glad I got in before Arc ran out.

The beam is a bit bluer than my First Run second, which tends toward slightly greenish, but the LSL-S is noticeably brighter. Of course the finish is flawless, and with the pouch, it's a great little EDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.