Sysmax posting notice on web site about Niteye

aau007

Enlightened
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. Mod can move as you see fit.

I just went to JB's website and they now have a popup disclaimer and notice against Niteye. They also said somebody counterfeit their SPY007 and copied their selector ring. Then saying plagiarism from Niteye. Should go check it out. I think it is their main web site jet-beam dot com.

---------------------------
Message from webpage
Earnest declarations: SYSMAX Ind.(the sole owner of NITECORE & JETBEAM) and Niteye are NOT the same enterprise. As a famous flashlights manufactory and a member of PLATO, we SYSMAX feel shame about the counterfeit of SPY007 and the copied design of selector ring. At the same time, we strongly condemned the plagiarism from Niteye.
OK

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the news section of NiteyelightDOTcom. you'll learn that Jetbeam and Niteye maintain friendly cooperation..

Niteye authorize declaration
Time:2012-4-19 16:19:40 , Clicks:457
All Niteye brand product are authorized by the designer who own all the patent and copyright of
Jetbeam flashlight products.

There are no legal issues between Niteye products and Jetbeam product in the market. All the
products with Niteye and Jetbeam brand are under the tutelage of law.
Niteyelight Technology Co.,Ltd2012-4-19

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is getting stranger and stranger.
A Niteye representative posted on the forum that they are indeed owned by Jetbeam and that Sysmax was just a distributor.

I know it is actually the Niteye rep because it is who I have dealt with.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hopefully Sysmax and Niteye can give a clear statement, about this. Sysmax is saying that Niteye is not theirs and is copying their stuff- Niteye is saying that they have rights to do that. Hope they will give a total clear statement and clearing everything up.

aau007

Enlightened
Check the news section of NiteyelightDOTcom. you'll learn that Jetbeam and Niteye maintain friendly cooperation..
Not sure about the friendly part as Sysmax is openly accusing Niteye of plagiarism.

The way I am guessing: The light was not designed by Sysmax, nor by Niteye. The original designer probably licensed the design to both Sysmax and Niteye with some constrains so companies don't end up with lights having identical looks. Therefore, no lawsuits and no legal issues. This is exactly what is expressed by Niteye. Then Sysmax does not like the idea of Niteye using the same terms and verbage in their marketing, thus the word "plagiarism" from Sysmax.

nbp

Flashaholic
The SPY 007 is a custom light made by CPF member Data for some years now. Niteye's Zip20 is a blatant copy of that light.

Just wanted you guys to get the situation correct.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niteye's Zip20 is a blatant copy of that light.

Correction...it is a shameless copy of SPY007 and to call it their own design while misleading consumers as to their innovation in flashlights design & manufacturing calls into question their integrity as a company.

Judging from the picture and some of those who have actually touch it in Nanjing, it seems to be an inferior copy with many corners being cut. To what extend I don't know and I'm not too bothered to know until the company go DO THE RIGHT THING!!! :fail:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is hilarious. O the irony!
isnt jetbeam one of the brands being accused of patent infringements by surefire?

I thought SYSMAX does their own manufacturing? but then Jayman says niteye is the brand of the OEM?
how come these brands and companies dont just tell people the truth?

my#1hobby

Enlightened
this is hilarious. O the irony!
isnt jetbeam one of the brands being accused of patent infringements by surefire?

I thought SYSMAX does their own manufacturing? but then Jayman says niteye is the brand of the OEM?
how come these brands and companies dont just tell people the truth?

That's why I will no longer be doing business with ANY of them....

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a sorry affair.
No wonder the RRT-01 production and retail seems to have been withdrawn from the market, with almost all dealers citing out of stock for the RRT-01...

outdoormanZ

Newly Enlightened
Found something may related to this topic:
[h=2]Official Notice to Consumers regarding JETBeam Brand[/h]------------------ Original ------------------
Date: Sat, Sep 8, 2012 11:05 AM
To: "p.fronteddu"<[email protected] t>;
Subject: re:Jetbeam Official notice to all customer

Dear Pitter,

Here attached Jetbeam trademark registration information in China,Russia,Canada,Singapore and USA, Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd(the company who own Jetbeam and Niteye brand and in charge of the design,manufacture,marketing and after sale service ) registration information in Shenzhen China with original and translation.

You can ask someone who know Chinese to recheck the authenticity of the document and translation.

Jetbeam first in use in commerce from Y2006 and apply the trademark in the same year in China by Zhangzhuo Mo-former Jetbeam production manager, he already transfer Jetbeam to Zhangwei Mo-the founder of Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd. Sysmax registering JETBeam trademark in EU and Australia purposely to violate Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd's lawful rights.

We declare that Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd(the factory who own Jetbeam and Niteye brand and design,manufacture & provide service after sale) have only one founder-ZHANGWEI MO, Sysmax was only global agent for Jetbeam flashlights before Aug 5th,2012. Sysmax had very limited contribution on development, no contribution on design and manufacturing for all Jetbeam brand products.

We will do our best to provide support to customer who buy Jetbeam high performance products.

Pls help to post the Official notice to consumers in press-release section.

Any question,kindly let us know

Thanks and best regards

Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO., Ltd
Add: Dunbei Industry park, Longhua,Shenzhen.China
Tel:0086-755-27523445 Fax:0086-755-28077738

From one Germany forum, the url is here:
http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?112443%3E

It shows the proof that Shenzhen Jetbeam hold the trademark, Sysmax only global agent and registered the trademark in EU and Australia purposely, very crazy and shame behavior for a company lies so much.

Pöbel

Enlightened
I would not point fingeres or even dare to tell who is lying and who is not. This is a pretty messed up situation and both sides are trying to make their point with so called "proof".

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the dizzying array of lights put out by these companies, and they all look exactly the same. Either they're all copying each other or there's one very rich engineer selling his designs to everyone.

tam17

Enlightened
Look at the dizzying array of lights put out by these companies, and they all look exactly the same. Either they're all copying each other or there's one very rich engineer selling his designs to everyone.

New Niteyes/Jetbeams seem to depart from this pattern... for example take a look at their DD-Series lights: they look like a hybrid between any "****Fire" you can think of, and early 80's pocket calculator display. At least under Sysmax they looked better:shakehead

Cheers

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh come on! I already read two really long threads about this stuff & I still dk wtf exactly. Wish i did though, because it sounds delicious. Per those document scans, is jetbeam merely acting outraged, but is really complicit as the parent company? Or they're the victim of a subsidiary or distributor who's gone rogue, & now they've severed ties (or what they'd like you to think)?

I'm piping mad but I'm not 100% sure at whom!

:mad:

davyro

Enlightened
All of this makes me not trust any of them, I'll be steering clear of there products in future could you imagine trying to get a refund or a replacement.One would blame the other & send you going round in circles with nothing coming out in favour of the consumer.I don't know that as a fact but I don't intend to find out either.:fail: