Help! Tk21 wont stay in turbo

basballny2

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys ive had my tk21 for about a year now and it normally kicks down when the battery is dying. It started not staying in turbo, will only stay in turbo for less than 2 seconds so I recharged the battery. Still did it. Changed the battery another freshly charged battery and its still doing it. All my batterys are aw18650 and work fine in all my other lights. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

lwknight

Enlightened
Maybe the temp sensor circuit is out of whack.
Try getting it cold to see if the turbo lasts longer.
I don't know what good that will do you but you will have a clue as to what's up anyway.

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
i had the same problem on my tk15 you will have to send it back they will send you a new one

CmeCU

Newly Enlightened
My post that discussed my experience with this disappeared last year, after one of the great crashes. To summarize it, I tested half a dozen TK21's and discovered that the voltage set point for dropping out of turbo varied noticeably between samples and batteries. In addition, the ability of any particular 18650 battery to stay above a particular drop out voltage varied, depending on the type, age, charge level (and perhaps other factors, such as brand) of the battery. Bottom line is that a TK21 with a high drop out voltage and a battery that can't stay above that voltage causes a very quick drop out of turbo mode. I think the set point of all the TK21's that I tested (at least at that time), was configured too high, although some were better (lower) than others.

basballny2

Newly Enlightened
Ya this is with 2 separate aw 18650s fully charged off a pile charger. I've had the light for about a year and it's only done this for about 2 weeks now.