Any Reviews of the Nitecore MT26?

swimman

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at picking up a second LED light (just ordered a Jetbeam PA40) and the Nitecore MT26 caught my eye. Anyone have one or have feedback on this light?

Thanks.

ichithekiller

Newly Enlightened
I'm also interested in this torch, and would very much read and learn more about this.
Thanks

swimman

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one. Not sure when I'll receive it but will post my thoughts when I get it.

2bright

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one also. I ordered the 18650 batteries too. It is on "backorder" right now. The worst word to a flashaholic! :shakehead

2bright

Newly Enlightened
I've found that money doesn't always get in the way when you really want a light! Sacrifices must be made.
But I do weigh my purchases carefully. That is why I only have 5 or 19 high quality lights. :broke:

I'm still waiting for my MT-26 and I just got back from camping when I could have really done a great test on it compared to a Fenix and a Surefire.

2bright

Marc85495

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one also. I ordered the 18650 batteries too. It is on "backorder" right now. The worst word to a flashaholic! :shakehead

Where did you order it from? Battery Junction seems to have it in stock, I just ordered 2 with the i4 charger and 4x18650 2600's.

It's my first time order from them, I hope it won't be too long 'till it gets here (I'm from Canada).

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm working on a review of the MT25, which from what I understand, is the same except the 25 uses a XP-G and the 26 uses an XM-L.

swimman

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a week ago from Battery Junction and was notified yesterday it just shipped. They also have it listed as available on their site as opposed to 'shipping in 5-7 days.' I will hopefully have it tomorrow or Saturday. I also ordered batteries from elsewhere and am waiting for those to arrive as well.

Marc85495

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a week ago from Battery Junction and was notified yesterday it just shipped. They also have it listed as available on their site as opposed to 'shipping in 5-7 days.' I will hopefully have it tomorrow or Saturday. I also ordered batteries from elsewhere and am waiting for those to arrive as well.

That's great news! I'm looking forward to your review. I still haven't found anything on this new flashlight.

qazx

Newly Enlightened
to get the 2 hour runtime on a single 18650, the output after its first 3 minute step down will only unfortunately be about 400 lumens. :(

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
to get the 2 hour runtime on a single 18650, the output after its first 3 minute step down will only unfortunately be about 400 lumens. :(

Bc25 steps down to 430 lumens. Mt26 has longer runtime according to published specs which suggests that it steps down to lower than 430

Unless its more efficient...

2bright

Newly Enlightened
I can't speak to run time yet but I did get the MT 26 today! My initial impressions are as follows:

First impressions are that it is a good size not too heavy and it comes with a sheath.
The 18650 battery fits great wth no rattle at all.

It is daytime here (NC) but my bathroom is very dark! OK, it's a very bright light.
My eyes before looking into the light - (00), my eyes after looking into the light - (~~) !

My brightest light to compare it to is the Surfire LX2 at 200 lumens it can spot the tree tops pretty easily.
The MT 26 looks like at least 3x or 4x brighter. So on an estimate it looks like it is putting out 700 to 800 lumens.

The LX2 has a very defined hot spot which is why I use a diffuser with it. The MT 26 also has a defined hot spot but it also has a lot of side throw which the LX2 does not. I will not know how much of a spill it is until I can use it outdoors at night. My guess is that it is quite nice, at least it is against a wall on the other side of the room.

I am not a fan of smooth reflectors which the MT 26 has but it seems to power through any bad effects. This really is my only down side to the light there are some different shades from the hot spot to the outer areas although they are not too defined
I believe an orange peel reflector would be nice. I'm no expert and I'm not even sure they can do it with this light but the ones that I have with textured reflectors have a much nicer beam. Perhaps they would loose throw or something with a different reflector.

So, to sum up, very bright, very comfortable and a good beam which could be even better perhaps. I would give this light a solid 4.25 out of 5 stars!

I plan on using this light very hard and with the rechargable 18650 batteries it may even be given a higher number. Only the night will tell...

2bright

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak to run time yet but I did get the MT 26 today! My initial impressions are as follows:

First impressions are that it is a good size not too heavy and it comes with a sheath.
The 18650 battery fits great wth no rattle at all.

It is daytime here (NC) but my bathroom is very dark! OK, it's a very bright light.
My eyes before looking into the light - (00), my eyes after looking into the light - (~~) !

My brightest light to compare it to is the Surfire LX2 at 200 lumens it can spot the tree tops pretty easily.
The MT 26 looks like at least 3x or 4x brighter. So on an estimate it looks like it is putting out 700 to 800 lumens.

The LX2 has a very defined hot spot which is why I use a diffuser with it. The MT 26 also has a defined hot spot but it also has a lot of side throw which the LX2 does not. I will not know how much of a spill it is until I can use it outdoors at night. My guess is that it is quite nice, at least it is against a wall on the other side of the room.

I am not a fan of smooth reflectors which the MT 26 has but it seems to power through any bad effects. This really is my only down side to the light there are some different shades from the hot spot to the outer areas although they are not too defined
I believe an orange peel reflector would be nice. I'm no expert and I'm not even sure they can do it with this light but the ones that I have with textured reflectors have a much nicer beam. Perhaps they would loose throw or something with a different reflector.

So, to sum up, very bright, very comfortable and a good beam which could be even better perhaps. I would give this light a solid 4.25 out of 5 stars!

I plan on using this light very hard and with the rechargable 18650 batteries it may even be given a higher number. Only the night will tell...

2bright

nice! for reference, since some 18650s are fatter than others, what cells are you using the MT 26 with?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just heard from Nitecore, they're going to be sending me the MT26 for review, so I'll have a complete review of it up in the next few weeks.