U.S. CREE Flashlight Manufacturers

New York Dave

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I'm new here and am not sure what I'm doing, but I'm attempting to establish a new thread concerning American manufacturers. A friend has patented a flashlight adaptation to turn it into a circuit-testing tool. He currently is buying L-222-bulb flashlights from overseas through a distributor, and would like to find a domestic manufacturer to work with in determining a way to adapt his device to a low-cost CREE flashlight. I have only been able to find three U.S. flashlight manufacturers, none of which uses CREE "lamps", so am seeking guidance, for which I would be most grateful. Thanks very much for whatever anyone can contribute to the alleviation of my ignorance. Dave

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the domestic manufacturers would not fall into the "low cost" category. You probably need to define what "low cost" is a bit more.

I assume he is interested in Cree since they are American (not sure where they manufacture).

eala

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, Surefire uses Cree's LEDs, so does Peak, and HDS. Maglite is also use Cree LEDs. All of those are made in the US from what I know. Malkoff makes drop-ins in the US.

How low is "Low cost". Also, is he using Cree's high power LEDs, 5mm LEDs, or some of the other ones? I hope this doesn't sound too intrusive or critical but what's different about your friend's lights (besides price and Made in USA)?

You could also ask a machine shop to make the bodies, and have another place make the circuit, and either assemble them yourselves, or have another company assemble it. There should also be some that can do all of that in house.

:welcome:

Edit: Removed Novatac and added Maglites, also corrected HDS's LEDs (now Crees). Malkoff!

Last edited:

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
Let's not forget MagLite. Their very latest flashlights have Cree emitters. Made in California.