Jetbeam E3S questions

Beckler

Enlightened
Got a new E3S but the switch seems odd. More so when off, the top surface of the button tilts (a lot) side to side, in all directions. For others who have this light, is this normal? I don't particularly like it. It makes it slightly unsmooth if you don't apply straight down-only force (which doesn't really happen usually though). Plus it seems takes a lot of force. The head isn't smooth when twisted either. Jetbeam is well regarded but I am underwhelmed somehow. Thanks.

One more thing, the box it came in--totally ridiculous. I was expecting the gift tin, but instead a standard box with foam that isn't even close to fitting the light! So you can see it's been flying around in there during shipping. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's normal for the button, yes, but the wobble on mine was only minor.

Beckler

Enlightened
Ok. On mine it seems pretty major; was expecting just a normal straight-down action.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam is well regarded but I am underwhelmed somehow.

That's your first mistake. I've never understood why they are so liked. I had one, it was less than stellar. Every model they make seems to need a recall of some sort.

The only Chinese made lights I like, for casual use, are Zebra's.

Dan FO

Enlightened
I have no problems with mine, it's built like a tank. A truck could run over it with no ill effects. Mine is smooth. They get better with a little use. I lubed the o-ring and threads. I added a clip from a Mini Mag Light.