Thrunite Ti 3 lumen runtime?

izaic3

Newly Enlightened
Just recently received my order of a couple Thrunite Ti's. I decided to go with the 3 lumen mode version. Does anyone have a runtime estimate for the 3 lumen mode? I've tried googling and searching the forums, but most runtime posts talk about the firefly version.

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of picking up one of these as a keychain light. I thought I was done comparing all the AAA lights, and had settled on this one, but then I read that some were denting/crushing some batteries? I was planning on using Eneloops and I kind of don't want my flashlight to do that. Is it a problem for you guys, or do you guys know if it was just a small batch problem?

jbrett14

Enlightened
I was thinking of picking up one of these as a keychain light. I thought I was done comparing all the AAA lights, and had settled on this one, but then I read that some were denting/crushing some batteries? I was planning on using Eneloops and I kind of don't want my flashlight to do that. Is it a problem for you guys, or do you guys know if it was just a small batch problem?

It's not a problem at all unless your the type who tends to over-tighten nuts and bolts in general.

Once the light turns on into high, you just stop twisting and no damage will occur to the battery. I even tried tightening it a bit beyond the turn on point, and no problems. You would have to be fairly careless to damage a battery with this.

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
It's not a problem at all unless your the type who tends to over-tighten nuts and bolts in general.

Once the light turns on into high, you just stop twisting and no damage will occur to the battery. I even tried tightening it a bit beyond the turn on point, and no problems. You would have to be fairly careless to damage a battery with this.

Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought it was some bad machining or something at the end that had a little protrusion or something. Good to know it shouldn't be a problem.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought it was some bad machining or something at the end that had a little protrusion or something. Good to know it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, apparently there are SOME units that did not have 100% of the protrusion machined off during production, which could certainly be a problem if not taken care of. But assuming this extra protrusion is absent, I doubt you will harm any batteries.