New use for Tigerlight.....

Ross

Enlightened
Yesterday, I had a letter delivered to me in error so I decided to see what was within.......I didnt open it but instead, held my tigerlight (with new LA and lens) tight underneath it and turned it on - wow! I could see what was within the envelope and with a bit of time and patience, could have read the letter.
Now, before anyone says it, I didnt do anything illegal and in fact have already returned the letter to its rightful owner, it was just a test.

Comments?

Ross

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
No comment. LOL j/k Well Wouldn't the TL blind you through the paper? well maybe not, but gosh I only had mine for a few days and gosh its bright.....

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Ross,

What an interesting use for a light...

You should have done a proper test. Now I am wondering if the D3 or G2 would have been up to the job. Or how about the ARC LSH-P? Did the envelop show signs of charring? Did you have to wear sun glasses?

Tom

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ross said:
I didnt do anything illegal and in fact have already returned the letter to its rightful owner, it was just a test.

Comments?

Ross

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the law there but here if its put in your mail box its yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
I don't know the law there but here if its put in your mail box its yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the law is: if it is put in your mailbox and it is addressed to you then it is yours [preventing unsolicited delivery of merchandise].

In any case, I don't like how frequently I get my neighbors mail [and reverse]. I'd like to think the mailman cares at least a little, but it doesn't seem like it.

Avix

Newly Enlightened
I just checked, if you open with dishonest intent, it's mail theft, federal felony big time, if you open by mistake, reseal and mark it "open by mistake" and don't profit from what you find there. it's generaly ok.

right from the local PostMaster.