Thoughts on gluing/adhering a neodymium magnet to the end of a flashlight.

Yossarian14

Newly Enlightened
I thought you all might find this one interesting. I own a Smith & Wesson Powertech SW3CRLL and it has a cylindrical magnet, inset into the rear of the flashlight. I always found this very handy, especially in combination with the lantern lens for working on the car, furnace, etc. I am looking at more powerful flashlights now and was wondering if given an accommodating design, could I adhere a neodymium magnet to the majority of flashlights without catastrophic failure.

Please let me know your thoughts and concerns. All advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
I've read a write-up on another forum where someone drilled down the bottom of a right-angle light and put a magnet under the spring with good results. It was a trustfire Z1 if you want to google it. I would only see an issue if the light used a magnetic sensor for brightness control like some of the control ring lights.

MaNCuBuS

Newly Enlightened
I thought you all might find this one interesting. I own a Smith & Wesson Powertech SW3CRLL and it has a cylindrical magnet, inset into the rear of the flashlight. I always found this very handy, especially in combination with the lantern lens for working on the car, furnace, etc. I am looking at more powerful flashlights now and was wondering if given an accommodating design, could I adhere a neodymium magnet to the majority of flashlights without catastrophic failure.

Please let me know your thoughts and concerns. All advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how powerful of a light you want, but the olight S10 baton comes with a magnet in the tailcap... It is a one cell cr123 light with 3 outputs and moonlight mode.

ishmael

Newly Enlightened
I stuck one on the bottom of a malkoff 1X123 twisty. One of the tiny ones that come in various light packages to hold the flap shut, and it has worked perfectly.

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
I superglued a 15mm dia x 1mm thick magnet to the tailcap of my Zebralight H502d and I find it mighty handy. No problems.