Upgrading all of my lights

benzmech

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.....i am new to the candle power forum and have just discovered a love for good flashlights. for about the last 10 years i have been using my streamlight stinger and then a sl20x thinking they were really good lights and pretty bright. about a year ago i was in the middle of a field (pitch black) when my sl20x died. the 3 led's are worthless for distance so i took out my stinger. heard a noise and took out the trusty HK USP 45 with a tlr-1 and it lit up the field pretty good. after about 15 seconds the batteries were done and the tlr-1 dimmed by about 50%. using my stinger, i noticed it was not very bright and just wasnt working very well in the pitch black. i also have some kind of surefire light on my ar15. not sure which one, think its a scout, but it take 3x cr123 batts. this light wasnt very bright either. well this opened the flood gates and so began the hunt for new lights..........i checked all kinds of forums and found i have been living in the stone ages when it comes to lights. right away i purchased a fenix tk21, jetbeam 3m xml and klarus xt11. i wanted to check the difference on my own. fell in love with the fenix tk21 and that is my new carry light. soon i mounted a tk21 on my ar15 and bought a fenix tk60 to keep on the passenger seat (good ole baton light). about a week ago i read about the eagletac g25c2 mkII and the fenix tk22. i couldnt resist and bought the eagletac but the tk22 is next. i now carry that on my belt everyday and keep the tk21 as backup. i have a problem with the light on my shotgun....its weak compared to the others and i want to upgrade. i currently have the remington 870 surefire forend light with their led upgrade but its still only about 150 lumes. my question to everyone out there is this (sorry if been asked before but i couldnt find a post)....does anyone know of an adapter or way i can keep the surefire forend but ditch the surefire light. i would love to screw on a fenix or eagletac light somehow. im pretty much done with surefire and streamlight....low lumen and high cost. thanks all.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
I dont have an answer for your question- but there will be someone here that can-----( this denotes ability / knowledge)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The XT11 you already have is a great shot gun light, and takes a std 1" mount. It can also work with a pressure switch for it.

Malkoff also makes drop ins for SF lights, so you might be able to swap in a stronger LED set-up and recycle the body, etc.