EVERLED still in business?

Streak

Enlightened
I was in touch with Jonathan WIsh some months ago. He told me that he has sent some Everleds to me.

After the units did not arrive, I have emailed him repeated times with no reply.

Now I cant access the web site either.

Anyone have the facts?

Streak

Enlightened
Thanks for the input.
It's not so much that the site was not working for a while it's more that 4 emails sent in two months have effectively been ignored.
I'd like to think that they have not gone out of business and that there is an explaination other than poor service.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they are still in business. I just recieved my EVERLED a couple weeks ago. However, I guess that could be from old stock. My EVERLED doesn't have polarity protection. I thought they were going to fix that.
If they are out of business, I think it would be a shame. I think the EVERLED is a fine product.

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
Not to thread hijack, but I found a good host for the Everled at the 99 cent store. Four side by side AA's in a black rubberized "Garrity" type flashlight, and the polarity is right. I like the 'stuby' better than the 4c Mag I took the Everled from. Smoother beam.

Streak

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.
I will persue another means of contact and try and find out why they are not responding to my emails. Could be SPAM traps or suchlike.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I got my everled yesterday from Brightguys.com. It works very well in a 3 D maglight. It also worked well in a snakelight with it's faceted reflector. I was disapointed that mine has a green cast, especially noticable next to the 2D rebel I bought yesterday. That does not get in the way of it throwing a lot of light down the street.

I did some "fence post comparisons" and found that while the
hot spot of the rebel seemed almost as bright, I could see a
lot more details (at 70 feet) with the Everled. The Rebel pulled 320 miliamps at 3.1 volts where the everled pulled about the same at 4.7 volts.

I'm guessing that mine was from one of their early batches, the box had the number 0343 on the bottom.

Daniel

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My EverLED has 0327 on the bottom of its box, and none of that "rotten cat urine green" coloration to it. There's a VERY SLIGHT greenish tinge overall, but I'd still call it white.

Right now, I have it in a Turtlelite 1, which runs from 4 AA cells and has a snooth reflector.

I think I gave it 4 1/2 stars. Half a star off because you can smoke it if the bulb nipple polarity isn't (+).