I have a Jetbeam TC R1 Question..

jst1tymr

Newly Enlightened
Just recently I've been downsizing a bit and decided to put my TC R2 up for sale. It has been a great light for very minor duty. Mostly around the home and selling it was a breeze as it was in LNIB condition. Well, on to my hunt for a smaller version and I see that Jetbeam also had another of these limited runs of a TC R1 which is just perfect for me and I'm a fan of Jetbeam having had several in the past. I've also had a few of the other well known brands also. Anyway, I did a pretty extensive search for a TC R1 and see that they are very hard to find. I found a dealer in Canada who had them listed so I made a purchase. After a day I had thoughts about it even being an "in-stock" item and emailed him to find that they had to be ordered. Knowing that I read that only 1,000 were made I felt that maybe it would not be an original from the 1,000 if sold out and I may be getting a refurbished/repaired model. I emailed Jetbeam to see if they had completely sold out or if any were still available from a dealer. No response. I did email the Canada dealer and his reply is that he can get a few new TC R1's and would ship soon. I'm not holding my breath and in fact purchased the RRT-01 while this plays itself out. The RRT-01 is a fantastic light and more than satisfied so I emailed the Canada dealer once again and told him about my purchase of the RRT-01 and that I'm satisfied and that I'd like a possible cancellation of the TC R1. He replied that it has been shipped and I should receive it in about a week.

I'm not sure just what to think at this time and I can put a stop on my Am-X card for the purchase but I do have an affinity to the titanium version. I just don't know if in fact it would be a new one. Did Jetbeam sell completely out of these to anybody's knowledge? I haven't really been in the flashlight loop for awhile so any help would be great. I know there are other small titanium lights out there but I like the Jetbeam a lot, and I have a good history with them, thanks!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The titanium TCR1 is a real treat. Feels great in the hand. And supposedly, the newer TCR1s have orange peal reflectors which give a much better beam pattern than the smooth reflector in the RRT-01 and earlier TCR1s. I have no idea if they actually stopped making fresh ones at 1000 though.

pharmbob

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask who you purchased this through? You can PM me if you like.
Thanks

jst1tymr

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask who you purchased this through? You can PM me if you like.
Thanks

pharmbob, that would be Canada Knives and Swords. I cannot pm yet as I do not have three posts in yet. I've yet to actually be charged for the item and he claimed in an email I should have it in a week, though not too sure about that. I went ahead and purchased a Sunwayman M11r yesterday from light junction and they shipped out today so at least I'll have that one in titanium. It seems like a nice little light. If Canada sends me the Jetbeam I'll make a determination which one I like more and put the other up for sale I guess. Thanks for the replies!