Pelican 7060 Modifications And/Or Upgrades

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that this has already been asked in one form or another in the past, I thought I would try just in case there is anything new. Is there any sort of modification or upgrade yet for the Pelican 7060? Although it is a great light, at this point, it is getting a little bit dated and there are brighter LED flashlights in a similar size and configuration. I wouldn't mind seeing an after-market modification from say TerraLUX, but maybe there aren't enough Pelican 7060 around to make it worth their while. I would think that some of the newer, more efficient LEDs nowadays would allow this light to increase its output with a similar run time.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no droppins or modules in the 7060led, you'd have to get the led swapped by a pro modder. The xpg2 or xpe2 would improve the output on the light. I don't think it's an easy reflow on the board either.
I think the 18650 in mine is only 2200mah (not that I've tried to get to it either)

You could ask in the builders and modders section of the forum :)

bnemmie

Enlightened
JAS- It's funny you posted this. I put my 8060 on the charger the other day and was wondering if it would be worth it to have someone mod it for me. If you come up with an answer I would be very interested to throw some more business to whoever you find that would be willing to do the work.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will probably be a new model of the pelican sooner than later. Take a good look at the led after you take the head apart. It's not (upgradeable) it may be modifiable

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the response I received from Pelican yesterday:

James the current 7060 has a high lumen value of 164 and a low lumen value of 36. The LED has been recently been reconfigured. Unfortunately the new LED heads are not available for resale. We hope that this information is of help. Thank you for using Pelican Products.

Linda K
Customer Service Representative
23215 Early Avenue, Torrance, CA 90505
Tel: 310-326-4700, ext.1468 | Toll free: 800-473-5422
[email protected] | www.pelican.com

Pelican Products, Inc.
Pelican Cases | Pelican Storm Cases | Pelican-Hardigg Cases| Pelican Advanced Lighting Systems