RIP The Students, Teachers and Adults Killed in CT School

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a terrible day in our country. My deepest thoughts and condolences for the victims of this horrific crime.

Greta

Flashaholic
I've decided to reopen this thread and let this discussion happen here as I feel that many of us are very confused and hurt and quite honestly - lost. When things like this happen we turn to each other for comfort and perhaps some understanding. This is not a political thing - this is not about gun control. We just want to be around those we care about.

Please feel free to take any political discussions to the Underground as Empath suggested. This thread is simply to express our sympathy and pain... and perhaps to gain some understanding.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was just aghast when I saw this on the news. I can't imagine what horror those children and parents experienced today. My heart goes out to all of them.
:grouphug:

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I'm surprised we don't have more posts here. Lots of intelligent people in this strange little community that could make a point or two.

Doc Nonverbal

Newly Enlightened
This is a horrible atrocity. It should be unthinkable to do such a thing. This said, my big concern is that we're going to see copycats within the next few weeks.

The media ensures that the perp will get his 15 minutes of fame. I don't know what kind of sickness prompts people to think "Hey, I think I'll do that, too", but we've seen it happen before. There were hundreds of copycats after Columbine - the vast majority detected before anything was done. I would like to see the media change the way they report these events. There are more important things than viewer ratings and advertisements at stake here.

OCD

Enlightened
:candle: Thoughts and prayers for those affected by this tragedy....not forgetting the first responders who had to and are still having to deal with a tragedy of this magnitude on the most innocent of victims. Nearly incomprehensible. :shakehead

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
We just want to be around those we care about.

This thread is simply to express our sympathy and pain... and perhaps to gain some understanding.

This was my intention in starting the thread. Thank you for re-opening it Greta. :)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My heart physically hurts, my soul is wounded and I can't begin to imagine the pain those who are victims of this evil act are suffering.
I only listen to radio updates after watching my local media report with a graphic of a school crossing sign with bullet holes in it.....I miss the days of a Cronkite just sitting at a desk telling us the facts.

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
Prayers sent for the family and friends of the fallen. Damn, I'm sick of these incidents...

Paladin

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
So Sad.....

Yes, so sad. The terrible pain that the victim's loved one feel must be terrible. There is also terrible pain for many of us who have heard about this terrible event. I did not appreciate that thought until I had occasion to talk to one of my daughters tonight. Erin, married, lives in Penn, does not have children and will never have children. She was devastated, so upset she could barely talk to me. It will change her life, and I am so sad about that.

Bill

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Greta, I have a new level of respect for you.

There was a mass shooting at a spa in Brookfield WI in Oct. http://www.usatoday.com/story/ondeadline/2012/10/21/wisconsin-mall-shooting/1647513/
I was about 3 miles from where it happened on that very day,,,, you hear sirens these days and you don't know what to expect.
The next day I had to drive right past to take someone to the airport, crime scene tape & news crews everywhere.

The Sikh temple shooting massacre in WI earlier this year is not far from family. http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ng-at-temple-in-oak-creek-wis-/1#.UMyiYvJwOVE
You don't think of Wisconsin for mass shootings (both approx. 15 miles of each other)

what's next????????????

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
orbital... both of my children were in a Denver area movie theater for the midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises. I didn't know which theater they went to when I heard the news of the shooting. My daughter lived only a few miles from the Aurora theater. When I visited her, I stayed in the Best Western in the plaza where that theater is. It took me 30 minutes of pure terror to find out my kids were in a different theater across town. This stuff affects us all... one way or another.

phoneguy

Enlightened
As a parent of 2 boys I can not imagine what the familys of those affected are going through right now. Very sad !!!!!!
I can not understand why a shooter would go after innocent, small defenseless children that had nothing to do with his "issues". Yes people snap and kill someone they have a beef with, I dont agree with it but I do understand it, these children could not have done him any wrong...
I do not even know what to say.

Bryan

onus

Newly Enlightened
This was close to home to me. I live in CT. It's an hour drive away.

Sometimes i just can't read this stuff. I just don't want to know.

Never thought this would happen so close to home. Now i know why when in school we had lock down drills.

But elementary school kids!! Sick *******.

Where is the good person with a concealed weapon to stop this idiot. Oh wait can't do that at schools.

Worst thing is i work in schools sometimes as part of my job in IT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.