Quark Tactical*QT2A-X holidays 25% off, good deal?

GAZ082

Newly Enlightened
Hi there. I'm looking for a nice torch and settled for 4sevens. I noticed they are offering a nice deal on the QT2A-X, with the XML led which if im not mistaken, are bigger leds offering more flood than the XP-G2.

Does the model have any con? Is it a good deal? Would you recommend spend a little more in any AA model?

Thanks!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, the only con i see compared to the xpg2 model is that the xml doesnt have the same runtime as the XPG2 model and would probably heat up faster since the LED is much bigger. Also, the XPG2 is a bit "throwier" but still has a lot of spill and flood as this wasnt really designed for throw. If output is more important to you, by all means get the xml. if you want a bit more throw and better runtime. Both are good lights but have some differences depending on the use.

Also, you may want to get yourself an 1xAA tube and order a 14500 lithium ion to make that EDC shine. Lots of us here in CPF rock our Quarks this way. :) I've been using mine for about three years now. :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img851/5185/img00090201201181107.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the QAAX, still my favorite, most versatile light and great value considering the warranty and US-based HQ/CS location. Actually I tested both the lumens and some of the runtimes of the XML and XPG (but not G2)... most of the runtime differences is actually due to the lumen differences (ie, moonlight is twice the lumens, and half the hours). I personally find the floodier beam a lot more useful for my day to day usage...

shurt

Newly Enlightened
Great light but I wish it came with a quality holster of some sort.

WDR65

Enlightened
This is one of my most used Quarks. I have mine set to high and then turbo. It reminds me of the old Lux V Surefire L4 on steriods. I don't have one of the standard models just he X and the Turbo so I can't compare mine to the one that you just purchased but I doubt you'll be disappointed in your Quark.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup yup! No need for a holster if you just stick it in your pocket! I've actually never used mine. :)

Also, for my Quark settings, I have one on Max, and the other on Moonlight. Apparently those are the only two modes I need in my daily use. :)

Oh yeah, if I will be extending my usage, I usually set one to Max and the other to either Medium or High to get more run time out of my 14500 cell. (I use a 1xAA tube for my QT2A light)

WDR65

Enlightened
I should have clarified that I use the Quark QT2A-X when I need a lot of floody light. I generally use it for tracking wounded deer and carry a dimmer longer running light for general purpose use.