Why no Z33 for E2/L4?

grnamin

Enlightened
This may have been addressed here before, but I just haven't been able to find a post on it. I'm wondering why Surefire hasn't come up with a Z33-type lanyard ring for the E2 and L4 series lights. They have, instead, what looks like a split ring that attaches to the pocket clip of those lights. Any idea why they don't come up with a lanyard ring? I'm thinking of modifying the Z33 lanyard ring I have so that it fits the tailcap end of my L4.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I figure it's because there isn't enough thread. If you had a lanyard ring in there I doubt the light would be able to go constant-on.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
its also possible that the E2e and L4 were meant as personal lights, not combat lights so they weren't designed with a lanyard in mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

grnamin

Enlightened
Al, I "modded" the tailcap on my L4 with a paper clip so that there's now enough space between tailcap and body for a lanyard ring. I but a Z33 lanyard ring in and tightened the cap; the light comes on properly. Now to figure out how to reshape and weld the Z33 to fit the L4.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wanted lanyard rings for the E series for a long time now, since I use my lights without clips. I guess there just isn't enough demand for Surefire to add it to their accessory line. Maybe one day...

GeoffChan

Enlightened
I've rigged up a lanyard for my e2e. Using a couple split rings and "Hootchie Cord". I guess this works with me.

DSC00008.jpg

Geoff