Hail to the Eagletac lanyard!

TweakMDS

Enlightened
So... never been a huge fan of layards, but I happened to have a few eagletac lanyards from various D25 lights around and figured my recently acquired Olympus E-PL5 with Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens could use a lanyard since it's quite small to hold. I've been using large and heavy (D)SLRs for almost a decade, so a tiny camera is a different grip.
Today I was taking some shots of my family preparing christmas dinner in the kitchen (marble floor, holding the camera at about eye level) and suddenly it slipped from my hand when I turned. My hard skipped a beat but then it was simply dangling from my wrist. That simple little lanyard is very nice and while I rarely use it on small lights, I must admit it absolutely saved my camera today.

It's nice that it attaches to stuff so easily and it does feel like it's very high quality.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice save,i tend to use a lanyard around my neck for a small edc light,i just put it on every morning at the same time i dress for work.

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I do believe in lanyards on electronics. I have them on lights, cameras, even my smartphone. I tie paracord fobs on my nice knives. They not only help retrieve items from pockets, bags, etc., they can really save the life of a device.