Olight S10 Baton stuck on moonlight mode

KevinPJ

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone! I bought an Olight s10 Baton as a Christmas present for my father. The light worked perfectly for 3 days then suddenly today it's stuck in moonlight mode. It's been using an AW RCR123a battery so I changed it for a new CR123 to see if that would fix the problem. Still stuck on Moonlight. If I double-click it goes into strobe with moonlight brightness :shakehead.

I checked the rechargeable battery voltage and it's at 4.15v. Not sure if that fried something. I also did everything in the forum's "BASIC FLASHLIGHT TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE" except step 6 (contacting dealer) but the problem persists. The flashlight hasn't been dropped either.

Any help would be appreciated.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Sounds like a circuit failure. If the light is going through modes (e.g. strobe) with very low brightness, it is likely some circuit component has failed. May sound like a funny question, but have you tried smelling the inside of the light? The ozone smell of an electrical circuit failure is unmistakable, in my experience.

I would recommend you contact the dealer for an RMA.

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
May sound like a funny question, but have you tried smelling the inside of the light?

You know you're a true flashaholic when you smell the inside of a flashlight as a troubleshooting step. Haha
Although I do know what u mean... Ahh crap.

KevinPJ

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a circuit failure. If the light is going through modes (e.g. strobe) with very low brightness, it is likely some circuit component has failed. May sound like a funny question, but have you tried smelling the inside of the light? The ozone smell of an electrical circuit failure is unmistakable, in my experience.

I would recommend you contact the dealer for an RMA.

I was afraid that would be the case. Such a bummer.
I sniffed the flashlight for some weird smell but I couldn't smell anything unusual.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: