looking forward to the Jetbeam ddr30

martindb

Newly Enlightened
I've just sold my Jetbeam RRT3 XML with the intention of buying a Fenix TK75 but my gut feeling was telling me to hold off as a new wave of XM-L 2 LED lights should just be around the corner and I really liked the size and feel of the Jetbeam so hoped there would be an upgrade from them soon.

I'm glad I held off and did a bit of research as I found the DDR30 is on its way

I don't know if it's a direct upgrade to the RRT3, but it looks very similar (apart from the magnetic ring being replace with the LCD)

3200 lumens max output from 3x U3 LEDs taking just 3x 18650 Batteries is just perfect for me.

I can't wait for it actually being released later this month.

martindb

Newly Enlightened
Received mine yesterday. It is sooo bright but a bit unnecessary bright for my uses, so under orders from the wife it's up for sale on the market place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to this one too. What's the tint like? The xml u3's I've seen available, seem only to be available in 1c or 2s bins which have a slight blue/green tint.

domx

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from the states for delivery to the UK. Expected to arrive before Monday. Delivery was $110 with Fedex. Expensive but couldn't find anyone else with them in stock.

brightspark1967

Newly Enlightened
Would you mind telling me what website you purchased it from and what the expected import duties you will have to pay will be. Like you, I've not been able to find anyone in the UK stocking them, or that even seem to know that Jetbeam have launched a new range of Digital Display flashlights, which is probably poor marketing on Jetbeams part!
Cheers
Gary

martindb

Newly Enlightened
There are several people selling them on ebay (you've got to search via their main site and as they don't show up on the mobile app for some strange reason)

Although not the cheapest on there (around £160), I'm a big fan of hkequipment and have given them a lot of business.

If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for it to arrive, shipping is free feom Hong Kong and so far, I've never had anything caught by customs so no additional charges.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2