Whats the longest you ever waited for warranty work on a light?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent my Spark SL5-210CW back to GG who I bought it from, and they shipped it to China to Spark. That was on October 8th or so. So its now been about 3 months and although I did call GG 6 weeks ago, I havent heard anything from Spark. I understand the shipping to China takes a few weeks, but even if you factor 6 weeks for round trip shipping, its still taking another 6 weeks to fix it. All it needs is a replacement side switch.

Whats the usual warranty repair wait period for Chinese lights and how long is the longest you've waited?

1pt21

Enlightened
NovaTac... It never came back, been ~a year now LOL.. Worst CS I've ever dealt with in my life regarding ANYTHING!

Never again, took joy in throwing out my 2nd one that failed as well.. 2 for 2 gone with the wind.

Lesson learned; NovaTac Storm (x2 of em :hairpull:, thought I got a good deal hah), worst waste of money on flashlights everrrrrr.......

PSA: Stay away from the newer models of NovaTac with all your might!

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
I don't own any Chinese lights, but as a comparison I sent one Streamlight and a couple of SureFires for warranty work, turnaround time was 2 1/2 - 3 weeks for each.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Surefires take anywhere from 3-8 weeks typically, I sent an Invova X5 in and it was simply replaced with a newer version in about 2 weeks. I sent in a ZLSC600 at the beginning of December IIRC, and don't have it back yet, so I'm hoping that they are waiting to put a U3 into it. Those are the only lights I can recall sending in for repairs. :D