Which? Polarion / Surefire / Maxabeam ..,?

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys with experience. Which would you go for... To be used for recreational and mega brightness / max range. So combining all then lol.

1. Polarion PH40
2. Polarion PH50
3. Polarion Dual Abyss
4. Surefire Hellfire
5. Maxa beam
6. Lightforce SL240
7. Your suggestions for a big beast.

Cheers,

Patriot

Flashaholic
Abyss Dual S, however the Maxabeam would be my choice for a "mega-thrower." These two lights together would cover just about every CPFers big light needs.

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Interesting you mention that. What if I put the Night Reaper into the mix?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lemax/AELight dual, or wait for Xenide's next offering.

No longer being sold by AElight, it has XeVision cylinder ballasts inside. XeVision will anounce in about 6 weeks, early March a new offering ( a new bench mark).

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
The MB is certainly a Super WOW light but is not the best choice, in my opinion, for recreational use. I think you would find it a very infrequently used light. Of all you list, incl the NR, I agree with Patriot that the Abyss will be an excellent fit. Lots of Lumens, good throw and a battery conserving "low", which still puts out a lot of Lumens.

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
The Lemax/AELight dual, or wait for Xenide's next offering.

Xenide? Not heard of that one.

Thanks for the input. What apart from the forementioned makes the Abyss stand out? Surely the NR would knock it for six?

Also, what's the opinion on the Surefire Hellfire?
Thanks.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Thanks for the input. What apart from the forementioned makes the Abyss stand out? Surely the NR would knock it for six?

Also, what's the opinion on the Surefire Hellfire?
Thanks.

Have you priced these bad boys?

Have you looked at the Night Sword thread?

:D

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
How do you mean "priced"? And nope not checked that thread...yet

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
No longer being sold by AElight, it has XeVision cylinder ballasts inside.

Thank you for the info and the update! Hard to find specifics on the innards of the beast for sale at Batt Junction. :thinking:

I'm probably mangling the name somehow. I am really just hoping the coming release shakes loose a LeMax dual from a current owner. :grin2:

XeVision will anounce in about 6 weeks, early March a new offering ( a new bench mark).

I am already saving and will probably be saving until after I am dead, LOL. For the OP, would advise at least seeing XeVision's offering before spending 4-figures. :faint:

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm far behind in some of these manufacturers. Only know of a few. More info on the Xenides if poss pls. :)

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
Jeez!!!!!! It's the fact he mentions use a UV filter because he got arc eye from the reflection. That is some beast.

A guy here in the UK is selling something similar but without power supply. 1000w Xenon. £59.00!

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info and the update! Hard to find specifics on the innards of the beast for sale at Batt Junction. :thinking:

I'm probably mangling the name somehow. I am really just hoping the coming release shakes loose a LeMax dual from a current owner. :grin2:

I am already saving and will probably be saving until after I am dead, LOL. For the OP, would advise at least seeing XeVision's offering before spending 4-figures. :faint:

Battery Junction no longer has access either.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Jeez!!!!!! It's the fact he mentions use a UV filter because he got arc eye from the reflection. That is some beast.

A guy here in the UK is selling something similar but without power supply. 1000w Xenon. £59.00!

It won't be similar, other than perhaps in form factor...this HAS an internal power supply, and it uses Wavien Light Recycling to make the beam supernaturally bright, potted electronics, etc....this is a WELL BUILT monster light.

Notice the warnings about instant and/or permanent blindness even hundreds of feet away, etc?

You can bounce your beam off of clouds with this thing...its a BEAST.

:D

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
It does look great. The lamp for sale here is just that. A lamp at 24500 lumens but would need ballast etc.
So is the Night Sword for sale?

AceDan

Newly Enlightened
And going back to my original thread, anyone with hellfire experience/thoughts?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maxabeam is a one trick pony - it takes a bunch of lumens and throws them a long long way.
I really love mine, but a different HID light will probably be more useful to you.
i find my Ryobi one+ HID throws heaps of light out maybe 300ish metres in a nice useful flood (it probably actually throws further, but I haven't tested it at long range) it also works quite well as a work light, I use it more than the Maxabeam, but it doesn't have the same "wow factor" of the MB

The Maxabeam easily reaches a kilometre (approx 1000 yards) and the spot is about 10 yards high at that distance, I still giggle every time I fire it up (it does have a electronic focus, so it can flood quite nicely too, but the beam look like a maglites - with a big donut hole in the middle) and there is a bunch of different power options for the MB too

Spot
maxabeamspot.jpg

Flood
maxabeamflood.jpg

1000m throw in a fairly bright environment
BZC18025.jpg

Last edited: