Thrunite tn31 xm-l2

Baldbaker

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered mine and wanted to know if anybody had one yet and what your thoughts are on it?

thanks in advance:)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just ordered mine and wanted to know if anybody had one yet and what your thoughts are on it?

thanks in advance:)

I have the older LED version, and its a great light. I liked it so much, I also ordered the OSTS version, the TN31mb, which is an insane light.

The L2 version should be the same as my older version, but brighter...so, I'm sure you'll be happy with it, as long as you WANTED a light with a highly concentrated beam...which it is.

I use the TN30 also, which is the floody version of the same light.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the older LED version, and its a great light. I liked it so much, I also ordered the OSTS version, the TN31mb, which is an insane light.

The L2 version should be the same as my older version, but brighter...so, I'm sure you'll be happy with it, as long as you WANTED a light with a highly concentrated beam...which it is.

I use the TN30 also, which is the floody version of the same light.

I thought the TN-31Mb was just a modified XM-L TN-31, which would make sense because it still outputs 1147L just like the stock TN-31, but I just read that it uses the XP-G2.

How does the TN-31Mb put out 1147 lumens with an XP-G2? I didnt think that ANY single XP-G was capable of more than, say 550L. The only XP-G lights I've seen that put out more than 550L are multi-XP-G lights. That LED isnt really made to put out that much brightness or to be able to handle that much brightness is it?

rdrfronty

Enlightened
The TN31mb doesn't put out the same power. It's should be in the 7-750otf range. Which is still VERY impressive with a XPG2.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I thought the TN-31Mb was just a modified XM-L TN-31, which would make sense because it still outputs 1147L just like the stock TN-31, but I just read that it uses the XP-G2.

How does the TN-31Mb put out 1147 lumens with an XP-G2? I didnt think that ANY single XP-G was capable of more than, say 550L. The only XP-G lights I've seen that put out more than 550L are multi-XP-G lights. That LED isnt really made to put out that much brightness or to be able to handle that much brightness is it?
Its around 700lm but its not about lumens its about 400k lux+

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
I have the original XML tn31 measured 100k lux on high. Nice light but screws were badly mashed on the battery carrier and bottom of the head looks like some one had used the wrong type of screwdriver or the threads were not exactly free and forced them no other problem though. I may fit a XML 2 soon and the bezel came lose with just hand pressure but I have not gone any further.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

Yeah, the point of the TN31mb is to THROW at ~ 400k cd instead of at ~ 100k cd....a LOT FURTHER.

OSTS also improves the TN31 by taking care of all those loose screws on the carrier, potting the electronics for durability, etc...IE: It takes a really good light that has had a few teething pains, and makes it stronger and more durable, and, throw like a MoFo.

The only hand held LED flashlight that can out throw the TN31mb is the DEFT-X, and, its a LOT more $, and, is a lot harder to get at all.

:D

wiccaman

Newly Enlightened
The TN31mb doesn't put out the same power. It's should be in the 7-750otf range. Which is still VERY impressive with a XPG2.

The tn31mb puts out 1147 lumens on high. I just checked onestopthrowshop. Mine was ordered the 9th of jan. CAN'T WAIT!

MIKES250R

Enlightened
The tn31mb puts out 1147 lumens on high. I just checked onestopthrowshop. Mine was ordered the 9th of jan. CAN'T WAIT!
I am at FedEx now picking my Thrunite tn31 xm-l2 up and it puts out 1376 lumens on high! :) The best part is it only cost $165 !

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened

The OSTS modded light only puts out between 7 and 750 lumens as stated by it's creator. He just copied the factory specs on his site. I plan on ordering one very soon as well as a couple cheaper lights from him.

stevo250

Newly Enlightened
I've had the tn31 xm-l2 for a couple weeks and its great! Very bright, definitely brighter than my single xml nitecore ec25, the ui is great and I've found the runtimes to be good as well.:D

Sent from my SGH-I727R

RWeis

Newly Enlightened
Use mine TN31 XM-L2 U2 to walk the dog, 1hr in the morning when it is dark, and 1hr in the evening when it is dark. Had mine since mid April. Occassionally when the dog finds a rabbit or armadillo "the chase is on" and I go from a normal walking setting of 2 to 4 or 6 depending on how far the critter ran before getting away. Also use the 1 setting getting ready for work and midnight refrigerator runs.

Have probably about 15 hours on 1 & 50 hours on 2. thought I would check the battery for recharging. Fully recharged batteries (Orbtronic 3400mAh) went in mid April @ 4.15, checked today 10 May @ 4.04, 4.00, 4.07. Not down enough to even think about recharging.

Seems to be pretty efficient.

Bob Weis

Last edited:

vaughnsphotoart

Newly Enlightened
The TN31 XM-L2 is currently my favorite light. Super bright on high, very low on low, and nice tight beam. I decked mine out with some GITD paint around the emitter and tritium fob on a lanyard. Did I mention it's really bright? Shine it on your hand from 3 feet away and you still feel heat. I'm contemplating getting another in NW.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOR SALE - Since I'm a power feen I started selling recently purchased lights, I want a Maxabeam!!! I am selling a pretty new seldom used TN31 with XML2. I bought it and sent it to Vinh for a touch up, he improved it with the following;
-Direct copper bonding
-All solder point touch up
-Larger LED wires
-Better thermal compound
-Switch mod
-All springs mod
-Battery carrier solder touch up
In addition I bought a $15 Olight SR91 diffuser for it because it's a perfect fit, I will include it, $190 shipped in US.
Sorry if sales post is in the wrong place I only see a sales forum for custom lights

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's not all PM me at once now lol. I suppose I'll drop to $180 shipped. Any lower than that and I'd rather just keep it. I figure it's $165 plus shipping from Amazon with no diffuser and none of the touch ups above so I think $180 including shipping is pretty good.

I have the flashlight, it's in the holster, that's in the carrying case, and then a white diffuser. All mint condition except the carrying case came with a couple very small imperfections (not sure if that's a common complaint). I forget if it came with a lanyard I am not including one, I threw a ton of flashlight accessories in 1 box & don't know what goes with what anymore.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Let's not all PM me at once now lol. I suppose I'll drop to $180 shipped. Any lower than that and I'd rather just keep it. I figure it's $165 plus shipping from Amazon with no diffuser and none of the touch ups above so I think $180 including shipping is pretty good.

I have the flashlight, it's in the holster, that's in the carrying case, and then a white diffuser. All mint condition except the carrying case came with a couple very small imperfections (not sure if that's a common complaint). I forget if it came with a lanyard I am not including one, I threw a ton of flashlight accessories in 1 box & don't know what goes with what anymore.
Nobody is responding because you are supposed to conduct Flashlight Sales at cpfmarketplace.com. You need to register there separately from this forum.