General Motors = China Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
I'm angry, sickened, frustrated, and DEFINITELY not planning on buying a new GM product - even if my taxes already have. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

I knew they were outsourcing, they all do. I bought a 1993 Suburban new, then when my wife rolled it in January 1996, I bought a new 1996 Suburban, picked it up on March of 1996. Both of those two showed final assembly in GM plants in Wisconsin. When I was at the dealership in May 1996, I saw a new Suburban on display and the window sticker showed final assembly at a Mexican city I can't pronounce. I had known years earlier that Dodge Ramchargers were put together in Mexico. I know now, that Ford's latest and most advanced plant is in Brazil.

But this is just too much. Watch the video with your barf bag handy.:eek:

BTW, of the Big Three, GM, Ford and Chrysler, Ford is the only one who turned down the goverment takeover - uhh, I mean bailout, preferring to stand or fall on its own.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Blame the UAW for this. They basically priced themselves out of the market. In any case, you can vote with your wallet and not but any vehicle not made in the US.

Incidentally, the PRC lied about the "big" market for autos in China. They're laying out tens of thousands of miles of high-speed rail and subways. The average person there can't afford a car and never will be able to afford one. And their cities would be mass gridlock if car use increased significantly anyway.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
This thread will obviously be closed, but just one point of clarification before that - you will most likely continue to vote for those who will "run government like a business", and then complain when more deregulation allows businesses to do as they please. A rethink may be in order if you'd like a change.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
This thread will obviously be closed, but just one point of clarification before that - you will most likely continue to vote for those who will "run government like a business", and then complain when more deregulation allows businesses to do as they please. A rethink may be in order if you'd like a change.
I agree. I've never been a big fan of nanny statism, but some regulation is needed to keep things like this from occurring. In a completely unregulated market, CEOs become the defacto unelected leaders. That's just as bad as the one-party system in the PRC.

Frijid

Enlightened
well some of ford vehicles were made in Russia, as well as Canada and Mexico and many more places

a family member of mine bought a chevy colorado that was assembled in, i think, the Philippians or Indonesia

I used to be leary of china made products and still am to a certain point, but through the years i have owned some china made products that were fantastic and work good. One of them being my China made generator. I LOVE that little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.