Surefire R1 Lawman charging port

Jmslc23

Newly Enlightened
I am considering buying this light but had a concern about the charging port. I own several surefire lights and have always been impressed with their ability to be submerged in water. My only concern with the R1 is whether or not the charging port will affect the lights ability to be submerged in water if for some reason I drop it etc. if anyone knows or has tested it I'd appreciate your take on things. Thanks!

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire only claimes weatherproof, but the charge port is sealed. I've washed my R1 with soap and water several times, and the charge port didn't ingest any water, so it should be fine as long as you don't use it underwater. :)

Jmslc23

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Robin24k! I don't have any plans to take it deep sea diving but as a duty light I wanted to make sure if I dropped it in a puddle and it became submerged for a brief time I wouldn't have to replace it :)

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the official answer: The charge port is not completely sealed.

That being said, I don't think it will have any problems with small amounts of water, which is unlikely to completely immerse the light or have sufficient pressure to cause ingestion.

Hope this helps.