Switch For Jetbeam BC40

Greendiamond

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm pretty sure the clicky switch is bad on my Jetbeam BC40. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? The light is a couple of years old and out of warranty. I was looking but can't find one similar online. Thanks

20130323223635.jpg

sbbsga

Enlightened
You could get a McClicky switch. It fits really well in my BC40. They basically have the same dimensions.

It is available at Illumination Supply, maybe other shops too but it is the only place I know.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC40 Tailswitch

Ok, I was changing batteries in my BC40, which is my PD worklight. I dropped the tailcap and the switch sorta disassembled itself. It appears I lost a part that holds the spring in place, since it won't stay in place and the light no longer works. The head and LED are ok, since I can ground the battery to the light and it lights up.

So where do i get a new switch or tailcap. 3 emails to Jetbeam have gone unanswered.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam BC40 Tailswitch

Finally heard from the manufacturer. They do not sell direct and refered me to a dealer. 3 dealers later, no one carries parts or offers repairs..$#%$@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kj2

Flashaholic

Finally heard from the manufacturer. They do not sell direct and refered me to a dealer. 3 dealers later, no one carries parts or offers repairs..$#%$@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the switch only turns the light on and off, you could install a 3rd-party switch from a DIY-store.

PhillyRube

Enlightened

Yes, I've been playing around with a couple old switches I have around. Worse case scenario is I have to buy a extension switch like a weaponlight. Thanks for your response.

sbbsga

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC40 Tailswitch

Yes, I've been playing around with a couple old switches I have around. Worse case scenario is I have to buy a extension switch like a weaponlight. Thanks for your response.

You could try a McClicky switch, I am using it in my BC40. I got the switch from Illumination Supply.

Sent using mobile device.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, sorry to hear about this. Is your light still within the warranty period? You could try to claim a new tailcap.
If not, if you know an online retailer you trust, just ask him to ask JetBeam to send them the spare part.
If not try to get a spare tailcap for the Nitecore MT40 - assuming they are easier to find: the design is very similar and I wouldn't be surprised if the parts where interchangeable.

Good luck!

Last edited:

shaq

Newly Enlightened

Ok, I was changing batteries in my BC40, which is my PD worklight. I dropped the tailcap and the switch sorta disassembled itself. It appears I lost a part that holds the spring in place, since it won't stay in place and the light no longer works. The head and LED are ok, since I can ground the battery to the light and it lights up.

So where do i get a new switch or tailcap. 3 emails to Jetbeam have gone unanswered.
I replaced my bc 40 switch with this one from fastttec. works perfect .actually better feel. fits nicely too!!1https://www.fasttech.com/products/1344201