Lumens Factory E series warm LED unexpected failure today.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 3 years ago I ordered the Lumens Factory warm white 3 level LED drop in for my Surefire E1 E. I didnt expect to like the original incan beam (even if running only on primary cr123s) as much as I did.:sssh: so I admired my LF LED drop in original package unopened on my shelf for nearly a year:huh:! Finally when replacing the cr123 primary for the umteenth time, I installed the Lumens factory 3 mode 90 CRI LED and popped in an rCR123 and then WOW!!!! REALLY LOVED THE SUPRISE!!!! dont know how i could have lasted another day without it as my main "go to' light at my desk. This thing's great AND lots less $$$$$ to operate on rCR cells and gets much longer run time with a beautiful 3 level warm beam!! Surefire quality in the palm of my hand wth a beautiful beam unavailable to the unenlightened general public in stores.
Sadly ths afternoon I grabed it, pressed the switch and it was DOA so I installed another rCR123 and still nothing, so I tried another rCR123 still nothing, so then I tried a fresh CR123 and still no light.:shakehead Of course I wondered if the switch was bad so I contemplated opening my pristiine other E1 E (displayed on my wall as a piece of art) but then remembered that the orignal incan bulb/head were residing in the original LF LED container on the same shelf so I replaced the LF LED with the original incan and head on a fresh CR123 and the light is working again. as an incan. I wll be calling Lumens Factory tomorrow to see if they can help. I know LF LEDs are now available in the USA from Lighthound for $30 so if i have to bite the bullet, and replace an LED that prematurely failed, it wont be that bad. Hope LF can help me.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF will probably help...

Did you try to make a short circuit with CR123 and a piece of wire directly on the head ??? Press battery "pos" to the spring and carefully hold the piece of wire on "neg" of the battery with one hand and, again carefully, slide the wire inside the head and touch the pill (avoid touching spring and other part of battery)...

I had similar issue with mine where the pill solder worn out and wasn't touching the body... a little extra solder fixed it...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF will probably help...
Did you try to make a short circuit with CR123 and a piece of wire directly on the head ??? Press battery "pos" to the spring and carefully hold the piece of wire on "neg" of the battery with one hand and, again carefully, slide the wire inside the head and touch the pill (avoid touching spring and other part of battery)...
I had similar issue with mine where the pill solder worn out and wasn't touching the body... a little extra solder fixed it...

Thanks!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did it work ??? :)
haven't tried it yet, or contacted LF i'll probably check it after I use up the CR123 I popped to run as incan
( a temporary novelty, as I am an ardent advocate of LED )
after the LED falure.:)

Probably in a few days..... or sooner:D

Last edited: