Driver Mods

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Hello all,

I am looking to learn and try educate myself on how to mod drivers? Not every type of driver...in particular im looking to try and mod my Mac's Tri EDC, and possibly my Prometheus Alpha (not sure what drivers are in them).
I know Flucero28 did them for the Mac's...but I have asked, and think he has stopped at the moment? But it would be great to learn how to do the mods my self. I love trying to learn new things, and a challenge :)

I have only been able to research bits and pieces, which makes me think it maybe very difficult to accomplish :(
I have know idea at the moment...but I think you need a SOIC 8 clip, some sort of board / USB interface for PC connection to flash the µC's?

I have read a thread I found on Google (and a wiki page), but I have not found anything recent...so hope it is all still reverent?
I live in the UK, not sure where I would buy any of the actual necessary parts either.

Sorry if I am so un-informed, but thought I would inquire and try get some advice from people on here, who will know a lot more than me!
lovecpf

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have actually found some bits...a board and cable / clip...but not sure if they are correct for these chips...or if they would work at all for this :confused:

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hello CrazyIvan,

I don't recall speaking to you but I still offer the service if you want to Email me you can find my email address in my profile.

Frank

Hello all,

I am looking to learn and try educate myself on how to mod drivers? Not every type of driver...in particular im looking to try and mod my Mac's Tri EDC, and possibly my Prometheus Alpha (not sure what drivers are in them).
I know Flucero28 did them for the Mac's...but I have asked, and think he has stopped at the moment? But it would be great to learn how to do the mods my self. I love trying to learn new things, and a challenge :)

I have only been able to research bits and pieces, which makes me think it maybe very difficult to accomplish :(
I have know idea at the moment...but I think you need a SOIC 8 clip, some sort of board / USB interface for PC connection to flash the µC's?

I have read a thread I found on Google (and a wiki page), but I have not found anything recent...so hope it is all still reverent?
I live in the UK, not sure where I would buy any of the actual necessary parts either.

Sorry if I am so un-informed, but thought I would inquire and try get some advice from people on here, who will know a lot more than me!
lovecpf

Thanks in advance for any help!

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Thanks Flucero, I have forwarded the email I sent earlier, but as you said you did not get it, I may have got the address wrong? I have checked the address from your profile and sent it again :)

Sorry if I have asked too many questions in it, just quite a bit to read and look up on this subject...seems like its going to be full of pitfalls :confused: