Fred's MokuTi optic mule

_MG_3383.jpg

_MG_3148.jpg

_MG_3156.jpg

_MG_3144.jpg

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
those look phenomenal!

so I've seen "Damascus" thrown around on here a bunch and is Damascus just a term for the metal's finish?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damascus is basically 2 types of steels "folded" over into each other to create the pattern.

This will be an epic thread!

egara5yg.jpg

Reposted this from the Mac thread

franzdom

Enlightened
Damascus is layered steel, the first 3 are layered stainless steel, 2 slightly different alloys. They are pounded and layered in a forge, folded, pounded again etc.
The mokuti is a titanium version of this, which is pure mixed with 6AL-4V, layered, somehow fused and finally anodized, but not masked, it's just how it comes out.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Franz, these are sick! Your pics should carry a health warning as viewing these could be bad to the health of your bank account :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

justin22885

Newly Enlightened
i really, really wish i didnt click on this thread.. now i want one of those lights

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I thought I put too much money in my collection! I'm going to turn around and pretend I never saw this thread before I end up in the street selling my own flashlights at wallmart prices.

:sweat:

MaxDaddy

Newly Enlightened
Wow, these are beautiful instruments. Can you provide a little info about the makers and differences in build quality and performance? I'm new to this whole light genre, and am quickly finding how much information there is to learn. Thanks.

franzdom

Enlightened
Take a look around my website and email me or PM for more information to keep this thread cleaner.