Lux meter on Android

aau007

Enlightened
Anyone knows the best Lux meter app to use on Android? I am trying to pick one for casual use. I am not looking for absolutely accurate reading but good enough for comparison purposes.

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Depending on your phone it may not work well. The sensor in your phone probably only senses a few "steps" of brightness that it uses to adjust the screen. If so it's pretty much useless. I tried it before getting a lux meter.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the ones I've tried, they are all pretty crap. Light Meter by Borce someone is a good attempt but your phone has be in the compatibility list, and it will still suffers the inaccuracy of the sensor on your phone, well pretty much it comes down to the hardware on your phone. You can calibrate it somewhat too which helps a lot.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on your phone it may not work well. The sensor in your phone probably only senses a few "steps" of brightness that it uses to adjust the screen. If so it's pretty much useless. I tried it before getting a lux meter.

This is the case for my phone. No matter what app I use, it can only give three different readings. A friend that has another brand of droid phone can use any of the apps, they all work equally well just have different interfaces.