Arc AAA-P fickers/Arc wants me to pay for return shipping

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
My Arc AAA-P started to flicker recently. I contacted Arc and they now want me to send a check of $6.20 along with the flashlight to pay for return shipping, which will cost me a lot since I'll also have to pay for the CAD->USD conversion... When did they start to do this?

Is there anything I could do on my side to try to diagnose/solve the issue? I already thoroughly cleaned all contacts without any improvement.

Thank you!

ragweed

Enlightened
Check the crimping on the inside head by gently removing the rubber doughnut. Instructions on tightening the crimp are on here somewhere I think..!! Arc has ticked off quite a few people here in the past. I will no longer buy any of their products myself. Their customer service is dismal at best IMO.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the crimping on the inside head by gently removing the rubber doughnut. Instructions on tightening the crimp are on here somewhere I think..!! Arc has ticked off quite a few people here in the past. I will no longer buy any of their products myself. Their customer service is dismal at best IMO.

Hum! Just found out this 4 1/2 years old thread where I posted pictures of the actual no crimping and and a lot of black goo on this Arc AAA-P:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?213986-ARC-AAA-DIY-maintenance-tips-and-tricks

I just boiled the head, removed all the black goo, made 4 real crimping points, flattenned a bit the solder blob, a new foam donut and no more flicker! I hope it will hold up... :)